Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

New Hybrid owner, 15 Fusion Hybrid

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StingFusion

StingFusion

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

Hello, just found this site and like keeping up with information about the cars I own. This is coming to the other side for me, though I have been here in the past. We own a 15 Corvette Stingray Z51 7 speed, a 70 Camaro RS SS 396 4 spd air car, and now a 15 metallic gray Fusion SE Hybrid. On a whim I stopped at the Ford dealer in town and asked if they had any 15 Hybrids on sale and this was the one. Would have liked a couple more options, but really like this car. I love performance, to me this is performance, just a different type than the other 2. First half tank of city driving and driving through the mountains was 42.6mpg, as I gassed up to get the cheaper priced gas in TN, as NC is high! Looking forward to learning more about the car here and keeping up with what I need to do or have for it. Thanks, Bob

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 983 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:22 PM

This is a great forum to learn more about these cars. Lots of helpful people here.

• StingFusion likes this

#3 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 690 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

Welcome from another 2015 FFH SE owner. You'll find a lot here about how to drive your new car. I'll say that for me, except for knowing that "dragging the brakes" is now fine, I just drive the car like I want to and take whatever mpg it provides (which is actually great mpg for a car this size). I relax, drive like i want to, and enjoy the ride.

• StingFusion likes this

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 488 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:08 PM

The only thing I would suggest is one that has been stated more than once here ... take the owners manual, sit in the car with it running.  Go through every setting, control and doodad that you can.  Then do it a second time - this time establishing the screen(s) you may like to see as you ride around the area.

If you do the above correctly you will receive a shutting down advisory from the car in the left screen.  Press the OK button on the left spoke to acknowledge it and keep things going until you are done.

Welcome to the world of Fusion Hybrids!

Edited by Cobra348, 07 December 2015 - 06:10 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#5 OFFLINE   StingFusion

StingFusion

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

The only thing I would suggest is one that has been stated more than once here ... take the owners manual, sit in the car with it running.  Go through every setting, control and doodad that you can.  Then do it a second time - this time establishing the screen(s) you may like to see as you ride around the area.

If you do the above correctly you will receive a shutting down advisory from the car in the left screen.  Press the OK button on the left spoke to acknowledge it and keep things going until you are done.

Welcome to the world of Fusion Hybrids!

Thanks for all the welcomes, appreciated. I enjoy driving the Fusion and watching all the screens. Got the short manual done and have configured the screens like I want them. Still learning. Don't understand the adding apps, etc yet, but going to start reading the manual this evening. I have done one update, downloading it, transferring to the car via flash drive thru the USB port, so felt good about that. 

#6 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 488 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

The update sounds like the Sync update.  I just did that today myself.  Interesting process.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#7 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 728 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the car!

Is your car equipped with MyFord Touch?

244968.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·