B25Nut

17 Cars on the 2016 Death List

Accord Hybrid was a decent implementation, but had availability/inventory issues. The car was on my short list, but only ones available in the area were the fully tarted up and too expensive / poor value model. Honda's decision to go with the top trim levels made the price point unattractive and a questionable competitive value.

The Taurus isn't listed as one of the 17 cars on the 'death list,' but rather as cars that are "Not Dead Yet! These vehicles aren't quite gone yet, but are clearly headed in that direction."

They note that the Taurus has a strong following in China and some other parts of the world, so is unlikely to be dropped. Actually it is in store for a major refresh soon, and I think it shares the same body as the new Lincoln Continental. If they do a decent job with the refresh, it should be around for a long time, iMHO

Fiat-Chrysler just announced they are ending production of the Chrysler 200 and the Doge Dart.

Fiat-Chrysler just announced they are ending production of the Chrysler 200 and the Doge Dart.

Well, not exactly - Marchione was talking about 'future platform strategy', where they'd partner with somebody else to design and build the cars. Personally, I'd consider the strategy short-sighted - he's leaving the company with nothing but fuel hogs, and the next time the gas prices spike, nothing viable to sell. Plus, how is that strategy going to play with CAFE?