Sign in to follow this  
LechesxD

Use of Ford Fusion hybrid battery

I purchased a used 2013 Ford Fusion hybrid about 2 weeks ago and I'm not to sure on how the battery charging is. I'm not sure if this is normal but after I start my car my battery seems to be low. Therefore, I run on gas for a while until it charges back up.sometimes it can take a while. I live in a area with a lot of stop sign so I normally am on Ev. At night when I park my car the Ev seems to be charged up but in the morning when I start the car it is low and the engine turns on. I'm not sure if this is normal or a problem with the battery. Also when I remove my key my music play for about 20 seconds and it then tells me I need to save energy and it turn off. I'm not sure if that is normal either. I did purchase an extended warranty so taking it to the dealer won't be a problem, I just wanted to know if these things were normal.

Welcome, LechesxD!

Have you spoken with your dealer about your concerns? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

That's weird. The HVB can never be lowered to the point it won't start the ICE. What do you mean by "right away"? The ICE sometimes doesn't start until the car is moved.