Cobra348

Strut tower braces and alignment question

I installed a Steeda strut tower brace almost immediately after taking delivery of the FFH. Shortly after, a Steeda rear sway bar was installed. The other day, I got snow tires put onto the factory rims and mounted on the car. Part of the deal was to also check and if needed, adjust the alignment. The tires are directional tread Goodyear Ultragrip Ice WRT.

Any how, the mechanic comes over to me and asks if I've been dodging every pothole known to man since the alignment was nearly (in his words) "dead nuts on". Looking at the readout, there were only two items that were like .01 off one way or another.

My question ... is it possible that the strut tower brace kept the front end that close to perfect by preventing the normal amount of flex in the front end? And no, I did not avoid potholes in many instances nor rough pavement. When I could I did, but not to any great extent.

EDIT: Strut tower brace installed at 934 miles, sway bar at 1542. Current odometer is 19K+

Edited by Cobra348

No, no chance at all. it's all just a random co-incidence, there's no way every car even leaves the factory within .01 of the spec. In fact if he pulled it off the machine and put it back on again, you'd see it was off more than that.

Hitting a pothole is just as likely to knock your car into alignment as it is to knock it out.

Kinda thought that as I use the old "track alignment" every so often ... take hands off wheel and see how it tracks. <grin> But the alignment check was free service so it couldn't hurt ... and yes I trust these folks not to screw me over.