Sign in to follow this  
tr7driver

Remove Driver's sun visor

Anyone know how to remove the sun visor. It looks like the opening around the rod is 2 sections that probably snap off, but I thought I'd see if someone has done this before I attempt removing it. I picked up a Homelink unit over the weekend at a junkyard and want to install it.

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1242

This thread at the Focus Electric forum about installing a Homelink visor in the FFE may be helpful. It explains how to remove the old visor. The steps should be very similar to what you'll have to do in your Fusion.

Nice find hybridbear. If I get a new FFH (might bite the bullet in 2017 to get Sync3, depends on where my career goes as well), I'd factory order a car without a moonroof and that would mean giving up the integrated garage door opener in the sun visor (what a stupid restriction, but at least Ford doesn't force an all-or-nothing package on you unlike Honda). This is a handy workaround without having to clip an ugly external remote onto the visor.

I ran across this post and thought it might be helpful for anyone wanting to DIY a homelink unit the inexpensive way by buying only the unit itself on eBay for around 20 bucks and investing a little time. It's way cheaper than buying the whole visor assembly but a little more technical to install. I found these DIY instructions (with pictures) for a 2014 Fusion SE, but it should be the same for 2013 - 2016 Fusions. Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32767348/Adding%20Homelink%20to%20the%202014%20Ford%20Fusion.pdf