Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Remove Driver's sun visor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:53 AM

Anyone know how to remove the sun visor.  It looks like the opening around the rod is 2 sections that probably snap off, but I thought I'd see if someone has done this before I attempt removing it.  I picked up a Homelink unit over the weekend at a junkyard and want to install it.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:54 AM

http://www.myfocusel...php?f=16&t=1242

This thread at the Focus Electric forum about installing a Homelink visor in the FFE may be helpful. It explains how to remove the old visor. The steps should be very similar to what you'll have to do in your Fusion.

• tr7driver, GrySql and machoman1337 like this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#3 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

Nice find hybridbear. If I get a new FFH (might bite the bullet in 2017 to get Sync3, depends on where my career goes as well), I'd factory order a car without a moonroof and that would mean giving up the integrated garage door opener in the sun visor (what a stupid restriction, but at least Ford doesn't force an all-or-nothing package on you unlike Honda). This is a handy workaround without having to clip an ugly external remote onto the visor.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#4 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:04 AM

I ran across this post and thought it might be helpful for anyone wanting to DIY a homelink unit the inexpensive way by buying only the unit itself on eBay for around 20 bucks and investing a little time. It's way cheaper than buying the whole visor assembly but a little more technical to install. I found these DIY instructions (with pictures) for a 2014 Fusion SE, but it should be the same for 2013 - 2016 Fusions. Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxus...Ford Fusion.pdf

• GrySql, corncobs and machoman1337 like this

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·