machoman1337

Who here still listens to AM/FM radio?

Hey machoman1337, what are you doing listening to a GIRL like Siri? You need to re-evaluate your addiction to a single electronic device.

There are many areas in the US and particularly Canada where there is little cell service or FM coverage. If you want to pay per month for a satellite radio, so be it. AM radio has greater coverage, especially at night with higher power stations.

Edited by lolder

Then there was the recent BLONDIE cartoon with Dagwood trying to explain to Elmo how Superman changed into his costume in a phone booth. "I don't understand. What's a phone booth?", said Elmo.

When my 13 year old grandson visits this Christmas, I'm going to teach him how to fold the newspaper against the crease so the crossword puzzle is easier to do.

Edited by lolder

When I drive the FFH I will sometimes listen to Pandora, but most times it is the radio. When my wife drives the FFH, which is 90% of the time, it is either FM or AM nothing else.

Late Sunday nights listening to AM radio was always a thing to do while lying in bed. The goal was to see how far I could receive a station from.

These cars are so quiet I usually just enjoy that. During the six month Sirius free trial, I listened to their classical channels. The volume compression was so bad that solo violins were sometimes as loud as full symphony finales. It wasn't due to any car settings. The frequency response wasn't great either.

Great topic. I confess to being an old fashioned person (and also just old). I enjoy talk radio as it keeps me engaged, awake, and laughing during long drives. To the best of my knowledge talk radio mostly resides on AM and that is where my radio is usually tuned. I also stream my favorite AM stations with my phone. So I guess you could say I am also whipping out my phone so that I can continue my old fashioned habits.

It’s great that we live in a place and time where there are audio options for everyone.