IraF

Version 3.8 available

The Siri feature is useful. It would be nicer if there was an audible beep after you hold the button down for 3 seconds. Sometimes, it's guesswork between whether Sync will listen to you or Siri :)

From experience with software, it's usually worth upgrading just for bug fixes. Software updates never list all the bug fixes and even if they introduce a couple, they usually fix many others.

Just wait a month or two, and then if no major issues are reported, upgrade!

I spent a little time researching Siri, and it's become a lot better in iOS 9.x

Some useful commands for the lazy ones:

"Send a text to XYZ" - Very useful, handsfree

"Read text message" - for incoming messages. A bit more human than Sync

"Reply to text message"

"Send an email to XYZ"

"Remind me to ABC at Xpm tomorrow"

for those that want to try version 3.8 I made a link and attached a file Word(https.doc) which will take you to dropbox and there you will find the file.

click link so the file shows up

I cannot get the file to download to update to 3.8 on my 2013 Ford Edge...

Can you help me out Ira?

Version 3.8 Available

Post #150

Version 3.8 Available

Post #150

3.10 has been available for a while.

Has to be dealer installed for now.

3.10 has been available for a while.

Has to be dealer installed for now.

Any idea if there's a significant benefit? As in any new features?

Has anyone here had this done? Was there a cost?

I know... so many questions!

Cut and paste info for version 3.10.

Friend works at a dealer so, I had it done for free, seems to make the system somewhat more snappier, but I may be imagining it. May need it for new phones.

I think if your current system works fine, then keep it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version SYNC2 - V3.10 Install Source PTS

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional changes to accommodate new and updated customer devices, such as:

• Hazard switch illuminates on Focus / Escape with ignition off and park lamps on
  • Next Track / Previous Track controls from SYNC touchscreen
  • SYNC Maintaining Repeat / Shuffle settings that were set on the device side
  • Compatibility updates for the latest phone and media devices
Edited by billford

Reading 3.10 always makes me read 3.1 so I hate the numbering system they use. Anyway, I would love to update but the site shows 3.8 is the latest. Is this really going to be a dealer only thing? I am hoping it fixes the issue with activating Siri when listening to your iPod. The right display on the dash will become blank for the title and artist till you either mute it quickly or wait for the next song to come on to refresh. Siri will never pause what you are listening to which SYNC should.

Added a new thread so we don't post about 3.10 in the 3.8 one.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/11892-mft-version-310/

Edited by thrasher086

I contacted Ford Sync customer service and they are saying that version 3.8 is the latest version. I have a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid, so maybe version 3.8 is the latest for my car. They never mentioned a version 3.10 and of course it is not available on the site to download. They did indicate on version 3.8 they had it on the site for a bit and took it down and made it so that you have to go to the dealership to have them load it. I will be going tomorrow to the dealership for them to load it. I know that there are copies of the software attached to the site but if I screw it up I won't be able to go to the dealership for them to fix it. I rather they do it and be responsible for the outcome if it is not working properly afterwards.

None of these download links work. I'm still trying to get siri hands free on my 2015! I've had the same problem as everybody else. Sync my ride says my Sync 2 version 3.7 is the latest software and dealerships don't even acknowledge updates. I'm left with no way to update my MFT.

I'm guessing that the 2017 already has this version installed. I have not updated anything on my '17 Platinum, and I have Siri EyesFree