IraF

Version 3.8 available

I doubt it. Did the dealer do any updates when this happened? That's what broke it for us. There's a thread on this forum where I wrote about it. Someone else had started it & I added my experience. I believe the title says something about "remote start greyed out". I have not had success now searching for it on my iPhone to give you the link, sorry.

Me thinks you're thinking of this: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/8221-remote-startclimate-control-issue

Our FFH has yet to have the update show up on the owner web site. No worries. I used the update I downloaded for the MKZh from the Lincoln owner website and installed it on the Fusion. Works like a charm. Now, if only Ford would get the Ford owner website working so it shows the update available for our FFH, I can upload the version info to the site and be done with it. :)

There is some issue with data replication on the Latest Sync Version, it'll show up in a day or so,

definitely not immediately in my case either. So once you do the update version, check back in a day....

...and no matter what it shows, it'll say you have the latest version! (Useful, huh !)

All of this is a waste of time, IMHO, since the updates contain very little of significance, and are bound to become even less frequent and probably, less significant; if the latter is even possible.

I brought my 2013 FFH to the dealer for the update. During the installation the shop's computers shut down, stranding my system update midstream. As a result the system was wiped out and required a total re-installation. An hour became a whole day. Fortunately, the dealership gave me a "courtesy" car for the day. But the update turns out to be no big deal and hardly worth the inconvenience. Now instead of holding my iPhone button to talk to Siri through Sync, I hold the voice button on the steering wheel. I still don't receive text messages on the Sync screen or as a voice message. That function worked for me on only one occasion but I have not been able to activate it again. Anyone have any suggestions?

I too got tired of waiting for 3.8 for my 2013 FFE as the Sync site said I was up to date with 3.6.2. I used IraF's download, uploaded the XML and now both my Fusion and the Ford site are happy. Worked perfectly.

Congrats on your success. Usually patience is a virtue, but waiting any longer in this case would have been foolish! Are you happy with all the new features available to you now?? ;)

Whatever happened to setting an address in the phonebook as a destination in Navigation? At one time I could go to the phonebook and select an address as my Navigation Destination. Since 3.8 that option is gone and I have to go through the whole address entry process in Navigation. What a pain!

Thank you, Alain! I suggest deleting your VIN since we don't recommend posting personal information in the public space.

I do show that the 3.8 update is available via your dealer. Please make an appointment to have them install it for you.

Rebecca

Thank you, Alain! I suggest deleting your VIN since we don't recommend posting personal information in the public space.

I do show that the 3.8 update is available via your dealer. Please make an appointment to have them install it for you.

Rebecca

Or, he can download the file posted earlier in the thread and do it himself. It has been done by several people here without fail. Of course, the update doesn't really have much (if any) utility, but it may be comforting to some just knowing it's up-to-date. ;)

apilon50, I'd only bother with having your dealer do this if you're already there for another reason.

Edited by md13ffhguy