IraF

Version 3.8 available

Is the ford sync team still on this site? I have an issue after the update that I would think to be a MAJOR bug that should be fixed.

Basicly when my phone is connected bluetooth even if I have FM radio on any sounds my phone would make (Besides calls) are muted. Its telling my phone that bluetooth audio is active when it isnt.

Any ideas?

So I do the update yesterday everything goes fine, except when I go back to the download page to let whoever know that I updated it just goes to a page telling me what is on the update. I don't know if they got the word or not that I have updated, come on the owner pages could be done better IMO.

Hi lwejun,

If you still have the file on your USB, you can use this link to report the update:

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date/report-software-version.html?step=prepare-sa#/prepare

If not, run a Vehicle Health Report and it'll send the version number to your account.

I am able to text by pushing voice button and holding for 3 seconds through Siri. However, I cannot text through MFT screen with preset messages setup by Ford. It keeps saying somthing like sending text failed. When somebody texts me while I am driving it does not alert me. Sync also mutes all notifications on my iPhone (emails, texts, etc.) when it is connected to my phone. I have 2016 FFH and updated software (11/2015). Other than that my iPhone 6 works well with Sync when making or receiving phone calls.

Does anyone know how to make it work or experience the same issue?

Hey Luron,

iPhones cannot send texts via MFT; you have to use Siri in order to send them. To get notifications, be sure you have that setting turned on in your phone. Here are the instructions:

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/phone-setup/how-to-allow-sync-to-receive-text-messages-from-your-iphone.html?sync=my-ford-touch

Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

Ford issued the official announcement today on the 3.8 update for all MyFord Touch vehicles back to 2011. However when I check the site I'm told that my 2013 Fusion Hybrid is up to date with 3.6.2. Anybody have a clue why this is?

I have a 2013 Fusion Hybrid and I was able to update the software to 3.8.

OK, and I have a 2013 Fusion Hybrid and it says my version (v3.6.2) is the latest and greatest...so what gives?

Is Ford staggering the availability of this or is there some break in the model year where new version does or

does not work?

OK and GrySql says that Ford site is often wrong, so is there some way to safely override this and try to

install from somewhere else? Ford of course says not to install from an untrusted source.

Edited by smr2112

The Ford Sync website might be wrong often, but if it says MyFord Touch Sync is up to date, and it isn't, where do I go to get the update to download?

The site also said that my '13 was current with 3.6.2. Since I have a '14 as well, I downloaded the update for that car and applied it to the '13. I was, however, able to upload the file back to the site and it now shows my '13 is up-to-date. Btw, I compared the zip file I downloaded, and the contents were identical in name and file size to those that were previously linked on this site.

I haven't yet bothered to update the '14, because the update added virtually nothing of use to my '13.

Hi mcarvin,

Yes, I'm still taking VINs. We've changed the process a little, so please also include your approximate mileage and best contact phone number.

Rebecca

Thanks for the link, Ira! I upgraded with your upload, and it works perfectly. Now i'm on Version 3.8. I don't know about the Siri upgrade, but things are much, much snappier across the board.

For all those that want the 3.8 update but cannot get it from the owners website.

I called Ford In Vehicle Technology today. Canadian number 1-800-565-3673 (Select #1 for English, #2 for French, and then select 3 > 1) . They are aware of the owner.com screwup (confidence inspiring) and you have 2 choices. Wait til they manually add it to each owners website - no time frame or get the dealer to do it FREE for up to 12 months after the release date, Oct2015. Inspite of their tie in with Android Auto, no word on when they will do the same thing for Android phones "OK Google" -same as Siri- for those of us from the darkside.

Their explanation of the updates on 3.8 are basically what has been floating around. Improved connectivity, auto reconnection with paired devices, improved bluetooth capabilities, faster execution of commands, Siri eyes free and the one we all have been demanding, navigation in China - if you spend the money on a Chinese map!