IraF

Version 3.8 available

Did that happen after the 3.8 update?

Pretty sure that's what he meant by "post" 3.8 update. ;) However, it's possibly more likely coincidental than causative, since there haven't been other similar reports.

Update: The latest 3.8 allows Siri to become active with a long 3 second push of the voice button. The iPhone doesn't have to be plugged in, it uses Bluetooth. I use texting all the time, and use text to voice to listen, it allows me to respond to text immediately. Push the voice button for 3 seconds until you hear the beep. I'll say, Siri send a text message to, whomever, Siri asks what do you want to say, dictate it then pause. Siri will repeat what you just said to confirm, then will ask to send, say yes, then Siri will say, sending. A great time saver while on the road.

My 2015 FFH S does not have MFT but the Sync version is supposedly at 4.4 and the Ford Owner's website says I have the latest version. I tried pushing the voice button for 3 seconds and I don't get a beep. Do you know if this capabilty exists only with MFT?

Edited by Texasota

I copied this from the MyFordSync page. Looks like it's only available with MFT.

That answers my question, thanks very much. I was hoping it would work on mine.

Hopefully Ford will figure out why some 2013 Fusions don't show this update...

I think the problem is not with the cars, but with their crappy owner support site.

Chrome worked on our iMac to do the 3.8 update in the Focus Electric. I wasn't aware that it didn't work well with Firefox. Thanks for the heads up.

Hmmm, I've only ever used Firefox...

I don't know what web browser you use, but the Ford/Lincoln site is not Firefox friendly. I couldn't update until I used Explorer.

Never had a problem using Firefox. I cant remember the last time I used IE.