IraF

Version 3.8 available

I ran a health report after the update and didn't any problems.

Interesting. This just reminded that I, too, ran one, but I don't ever recall receiving the email notification afterwards. I'll have to login to my account and see if it shows up. At least I think I ran it... Maybe I'm just getting "old"... No, I'm sure I did!

Interesting. This just reminded that I, too, ran one, but I don't ever recall receiving the email notification afterwards. I'll have to login to my account and see if it shows up. At least I think I ran it... Maybe I'm just getting "old"... No, I'm sure I did!

I haven't received an email notification after running a VHR in the last year. When I contacted Ford they told me it was an issue on my side (check my spam). I told them it was an issue on their side but they didn't want to hear it.

So I upgraded my System on the way to work this morning. Took about 30 minutes. Things I noticed. There was a part about 10 minutes in where it was updating file 4/12 and that took like 10 minutes, I swear I almost thought my system was frozen, but the light on my USB drive was still flickering so I figured it was doing something.

Unfortunetly it finished right when I got to work so didn't get time to see if I noticed many changes. Though it did unpair my phone. Also unless I'm going crazy there was now a star icon on the NAV map at my office. I have never seen that there before

There has been some chatter on the c-max site regarding health reports. Has anyone had difficulty getting a vehicle heath report to run on their fusion after doing the update?

Hey tr7driver,

I believe the issue being discussed on the other forum is a known concern that only affects the 2015 C-MAXs; dealers do have a fix for it. :)

For everyone:

Should you have an issue with running a Vehicle Health Report, please make sure there's nothing plugged into the OBD II port, and try removing and re-adding your phone number from your Owner.Ford.com account. If those two steps don't correct the situation, please PM me with the error message and your VIN.

Also, I'm still collecting VINs for those of you that do not see version 3.8 on your account, so send them over. Thank you to everyone that has already sent yours.

Rebecca

I haven't received an email notification after running a VHR in the last year. When I contacted Ford they told me it was an issue on my side (check my spam). I told them it was an issue on their side but they didn't want to hear it.

Yep. Checked the owner site and the report was there - just no email confirmation. Oh well.

The method of delivery is fine through USB, though you must consider things like the linked file above may have been modified in a malicious manner. Then again, these fusions don't have a modem so remote hacking would be next to impossible.

I would rather Ford focus on delivering something like Android Auto or Apple Carplay compatibility for us who paid an exorbitant amount of money for a sub-par system. I stare with envy at Tesla's support for their in-vehicle systems.

for those that want to try version 3.8 I made a link and attached a file Word(https.doc) which will take you to dropbox and there you will find the file.

click link so the file shows up

Thanks IraF!

Interesting how Ford seems to think a 2 year old car (2013 models) are unworthy of such an important update. Siri for sending text messages is so much safe than other methods. Sure, if it is plugged in Hey Siri works, but that method lacks the integrated touch.

For those who have not done this update yet, you will need to re-pair the phone, then in iPhone Bluetooth settings for Sync, enable "Show Notifications". Before you enable messaging on sync, turn off the car, open the door, then restart the car and turn on messaging. Kind of round about, but it is a one time thing and worth it.

Now, if they would only enable Car Play... oh well, maybe in my next car.

for those that want to try version 3.8 I made a link and attached a file Word(https.doc) which will take you to dropbox and there you will find the file.

click link so the file shows up

Thank you IraF!! Updated my 2013 FFH to 3.8 thanks to you!!