Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Version 3.8 available

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 723 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

I submitted my information via a private message and got a reply that someone will escalate the problem and get back to me in 2-3 business days.  I expect the answer to be that the update is not for 2013 cars and the announcement was in error.  The next business day is next Tuesday.

In my experience updating computers and other hardware, if an update is not meant for a particular model/version, it will usually error out or will not install properly. Sometimes, it will even turn the hardware into a brick. Since the update actually did install for at least three of us with 2013s, I'd say the problem is more likely with the software on the website, when it indicates that no update is available. This is making me wonder if the 3.7 version would have worked on my 2013, if only I had been able to download it...

• corncobs likes this

244968.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:41 PM

But in the end, the benefits of these updates are barely worth the time it takes to perform them. As a matter of fact, the very slight risk that something could possibly go wrong, may outweigh those benefits.

Yes, I'm a bit wound up this evening!!! :skateboard:  :ohsnap: :rant2: :headspin: :censored:  :angry22:  :banghead:  :whistling:  Found more emojis, too!

Edited by md13ffhguy, 10 October 2015 - 05:44 PM.

• hybridbear, GrySql and corncobs like this

244968.png

#43 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:42 PM

I'm assuming that by going from 3.6.2 to 3.8, you also get the 3.7.11 updates, since my screen now includes a mute button on the navigation screen when a route has been entered. This now means that I can mute the nav voice with one touch, vice the two touches it previously took... :drop:  Overall, wholly disappointed in these updates. A few things have been fixed or improved, but no real feature have been added. I guess I was expecting something revolutionary, like Applink for MFT. Evidently, I set the bar too high.

That bar isn't that high so your expectations should be right on.
I wouldn't notice any improvements with the "two upgrades" since I don't have NAV there is no reason to request/ work on getting the 3.8 update.

That's just my take on md13ffhguy's nice summary of changes. Thank you.
  • GrySql likes this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#44 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:44 PM

But in the end, the benefits of these updates are barely worth the time it takes to perform them. As a matter of fact, the very slight risk that something could possibly go wrong, may outweigh those benefits.

Yes, I'm a bit wound up this evening!!! :skateboard:  :ohsnap: :rant2: :headspin: :censored:  :angry22:  :banghead:  :whistling:  Found more emojis, too!

Man you're on a mission... ;)
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#45 OFFLINE   Howie411

Howie411

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 269 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

The update is showing up for My 2014 FFH but not for my Wife's 2013 C-MAX Hybrid.

#46 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

This is making me wonder if the 3.7 version would have worked on my 2013, if only I had been able to download it...

I think this was the consensus we reached. 3.7 would have worked on the 2013 from a hardware perspective. Ford just decided not to make it available as part of planned obsolescence for the 2013 vehicles.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#47 OFFLINE   mrobinso8

mrobinso8

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:13 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:01 PM

Srogers.   I have a 2013 Hybrid and get the message that my software is up to date with version 3.6.2.  Did you use a trick??  Seriously, what browser did you use?  Maybe Ford does not like the two I tried.

Thanks

#48 OFFLINE   srogers

srogers

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:BMW 330i

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

Srogers.   I have a 2013 Hybrid and get the message that my software is up to date with version 3.6.2.  Did you use a trick??  Seriously, what browser did you use?  Maybe Ford does not like the two I tried.

Thanks

I used the link to the software provided by IraF earlier in this discussion. 

#49 OFFLINE   mrobinso8

mrobinso8

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:13 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:22 PM

Srogers,   Thanks.  That worked.  Texting works again.  3.6.2 had taken it away.

#50 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

There has been some chatter on the c-max site regarding health reports.  Has anyone had difficulty getting a vehicle heath report to run on their fusion after doing the update?

#51 OFFLINE   srogers

srogers

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts
  • Current Vehicle:BMW 330i

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

There has been some chatter on the c-max site regarding health reports.  Has anyone had difficulty getting a vehicle heath report to run on their fusion after doing the update?

I ran a health report after the update and didn't any problems.

#52 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

I ran a health report after the update and didn't any problems.

Interesting. This just reminded that I, too, ran one, but I don't ever recall receiving the email notification afterwards. I'll have to login to my account and see if it shows up. At least I think I ran it... Maybe I'm just getting "old"... No, I'm sure I did!

244968.png

#53 OFFLINE   Howie411

Howie411

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:52 AM

Interesting. This just reminded that I, too, ran one, but I don't ever recall receiving the email notification afterwards. I'll have to login to my account and see if it shows up. At least I think I ran it... Maybe I'm just getting "old"... No, I'm sure I did!

I haven't received an email notification after running a VHR in the last year.  When I contacted Ford they told me it was an issue on my side (check my spam).  I told them it was an issue on their side but they didn't want to hear it. 

#54 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:12 AM

I haven't received an email notification after running a VHR in the last year.  When I contacted Ford they told me it was an issue on my side (check my spam).  I told them it was an issue on their side but they didn't want to hear it. 

I know how you feel.

Way back when the first upgrade was available I could not install it via USB so I called.  Was told my car couldn't be updated and to have the Dealer do the upgrade, later the IVT Rep looked into it.  Kim told me that my lucky car has a gremlin in the system: "The SYNC website recognizes that you're at the latest software, but is showing the most current update available on PTS instead of what has actually been installed." 

This was never corrected, I feel special.  :)

• Howie411 and gkinla like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#55 OFFLINE   Howie411

Howie411

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:31 AM

So I upgraded my System on the way to work this morning.  Took about 30 minutes.  Things I noticed.  There was a part about 10 minutes in where it was updating file 4/12 and that took like 10 minutes, I swear I almost thought my system was frozen, but the light on my USB drive was still flickering so I figured it was doing something.

Unfortunetly it finished right when I got to work so didn't get time to see if I noticed many changes.  Though it did unpair my phone.     Also unless I'm going crazy there was now a star icon on the NAV map at my office.  I have never seen that there before

#56 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 308 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:02 AM

Hey tr7driver, 

I believe the issue being discussed on the other forum is a known concern that only affects the 2015 C-MAXs; dealers do have a fix for it.  :)

For everyone:

Should you have an issue with running a Vehicle Health Report, please make sure there's nothing plugged into the OBD II port, and try removing and re-adding your phone number from your Owner.Ford.com account. If those two steps don't correct the situation, please PM me with the error message and your VIN.

Also, I'm still collecting VINs for those of you that do not see version 3.8 on your account, so send them over. Thank you to everyone that has already sent yours. 

Rebecca

• GrySql, mcarvin and Ja78 like this

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t@FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFusion facebook.com/Ford

#57 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:20 PM

Ford Owner shows the 3.8 update for the Focus Electric, but not for the Fusion Energi. Both are MY 2013 vehicles. I sent a PM to Rebecca with the Fusion Energi VIN. I wonder if I could use the files for the Focus Electric to update both cars, or if the files are different since they are different vehicles with different features...

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#58 OFFLINE   gkinla

gkinla

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 339 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

The Forum strikes again. :happy feet:  3.8 SYNC done. Thanks IraF for the link. 

Back story, I had some warranty cosmetic work done at the dealer today. I spoke to the SA about the 3.8 Sync being available and asked the SA to have the 3.8 installed, as it wasn't available on MFT SYNC. The first response, almost cross eyed, no way. I called the service manager over, we go back a long way, to discuss installing the 3.8. The SM told the SA to have the tech check it out. A hour later I was told it can't be done as the my VIN wasn't in the computer to install the 3.8. The SA said to wait, it will show up eventually on your MFT SYNC page. Well I couldn't wait for Ford's, eventually. So I clicked on the link in thread #14 above. Thanks again, IraF.

The SYNC went flawlessly, the only thing, you have to re-pair your phone, and with the iPhone you have to go into the bluetooth section to turn on the Show Notifications to listen to texts. Also, you need to add back any wallpaper that you had installed before.

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

#59 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

The Forum strikes again. :happy feet:  3.8 SYNC done. Thanks IraF for the link. 

Back story, I had some warranty cosmetic work done at the dealer today. I spoke to the SA about the 3.8 Sync being available and asked the SA to have the 3.8 installed, as it wasn't available on MFT SYNC. The first response, almost cross eyed, no way. I called the service manager over, we go back a long way, to discuss installing the 3.8. The SM told the SA to have the tech check it out. A hour later I was told it can't be done as the my VIN wasn't in the computer to install the 3.8. The SA said to wait, it will show up eventually on your MFT SYNC page. Well I couldn't wait for Ford's, eventually. So I clicked on the link in thread #14 above. Thanks again, IraF.

The SYNC went flawlessly, the only thing, you have to re-pair your phone, and with the iPhone you have to go into the bluetooth section to turn on the Show Notifications to listen to texts. Also, you need to add back any wallpaper that you had installed before.

Gkinla, that is a great story, this Forum is a big help to Ford (or a pain in the neck) due to the enterprising members.  Thanks for the MFT and Apple tech tips too.

• hybridbear likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#60 OFFLINE   gkinla

gkinla

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 339 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:27 PM

Update; Just went on line to SyncMyRide and guess what, It now shows SYNC is up to date, with the latest, greatest, SYNC 3.8. It showed 3.6.2 this morning when I was at the dealer. It hadn't budged since Feb. 2014 with 3.6.2.

I also ran a VHR before I went on line to check. I didn't check before running VHR, so I don't know if VHR updates the latest SYNC record.

So, this tells me that the IraF link works correctly.

• GrySql likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·