IraF

Version 3.8 available

Use a compatible usb that will work with fusion/mkz, download file to computer, not the usb and then unzip to usb drive.

One folder and 2 files (Do not unzip the folder.).

Have car running and insert usb that will be recognized by vehicle. You will get a message that this will take about 30mins.

File 3of 14 seems to take the longest, be PATIENT especially file 3.

It will reboot about 2times and do some scheduled maintenance.

At the end you will hear success, but do not remove usb device until you click okay.

Device removed and take to computer, insert usb into port and search the folder for an xml file which will have your vin number

XR7VCKFT_Vin#.xml and copy to HDD.

The confirm page will say select xml and upload and you will get a message that you now have the lastest upgrade

You will need to pair phone and car again and you will have add wallpaper again (800x384)

post-11741-0-96141300-1444195280_thumb.jpg

I was just going to ask if this software was available for the Fusion Hybrid. I checked the Ford Owner web site and it says that my software is up-to-date. I would really like the Siri eyes free feature. Has anyone been able to download the 3.8 update? I'm currently running 3.6.2.

Thanks for posting this. I'd have never known an update was available. (You'd think Ford would alert us to available updates.)

Here is what is in the update. Works with Siri now! It showed up on my SYNC software updates.

EA5T-14D544-AD Gen2 - V3.8

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Siri® Eyes Free*:

Secure, simple phone pairing:

• Now iPhone users can use Siri® Eyes Free with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. With simple voice commands, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® enables you to operate the iPhone and SYNC® together. Siri® Eyes Free can be activated by pressing and holding the voice button for at least 3 seconds.

Automatic reconnection:

• Phone pairing is now easier.
  • If your phone disconnects, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® will automatically reconnect it.

Easier entry of destinations for China:

• Now SYNC® with MyFord Touch® allows for easier entry of destinations.

*Feature requires compatible hardware.

I can't find this on the Ford Owner site. The 3.7 update was only for 2014+ vehicles. Ira - you have a 2013 and you reference installing 3.8. How did you find it?

This paragraph irritates me every time I read it on the Sync web site.

We're committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC® driving experience. And to make it even better, we will periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know.

Your SYNC is up-to-date!

Now, you're running the fastest, simplest and best version of SYNC

My 2013 Energi has been at Gen2-V3.6.2 since the summer of 2013.

It's a lie plain and simple.

The same thing happened with my 2010 Fusion Hybrid that I bought in April 2009. There was one update in the summer of 2009 and nothing more for the rest of the time I owned the car. I traded it in for the 2013 Energi.

I logged into my account and it told me that I had an update available.

BTW I forgot to mention that the update also dimmed the screen and at first I was wondering if a bug was present but then iremembered about auto dim on the screen and brightness on the screen and once I increased the brightness all was well.

Edited by IraF

Our 2013 FFH shows Up to Date with the Gen2 - V3.6.2 version. The 3.8 version does not show up.

Anyone know if the update file is vehicle specific? I can host the files but don't want to end up having people brick their MFT if it has something just for 2014+

Edited by thrasher086

The 3.8 version of Sync shows up on my Sync page, for my 2014 FFH.

The 2014s got version 3.7 previously, the 2013s did not get anything.

for those that want to try version 3.8 I made a link and attached a file Word(https.doc) which will take you to dropbox and there you will find the file.

click link so the file shows up

https.doc

Edited by IraF

Can't loogin to sync now; get "System Error".

I updated mine on my drive home last night. I was hoping this would fix the issue with Pandora not displaying song info on the main screen, but no such luck. I did notice that music continues to play now when nav is giving driving directions. It used to mute the music before.

Hey everyone!

Please try logging into your Owner.Ford.com account, click on SYNC & HOW-TOS, then CHECK FOR SYNC UPDATES. This update is for all MFT/MLT vehicles, and includes all improvements from previous updates (such as version 3.7 for those of you that it wasn't available for). You do not need to update your maps with a new map SD card as long as you have an A3 or higher SD card. If you cannot report the install back to us, please run a Vehicle Health Report (U.S. Customers only) or Status Checker (U.S. and Canadian Customers) by following these instructions:

Status Checker - Log into your Owner.Ford.com account, click on SYNC & HOW-TOS, then CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES, and scroll to the bottom of the page. There should be a Verification tool with instructions on how to use it. If it doesn't show up, you can use this link - http://owner.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-sa
Here's the link on how to download and install the update:
Please note: Your vehicle should be running during the install to ensure the radio doesn't go into battery saver mode and disrupt the update process.
If the update does not appear or if you have issues downloading/installing it, please send me a private message with your VIN and the details. :)
Please do NOT use files from someone else; only use the files that come from your Owner account.
Rebecca

"This update is for all MFT/MLT vehicles, and includes all improvements from previous updates (such as version 3.7 for those of you that it wasn't available for)."

This apparently is not the case. My Ford Owner account says my vehicle is up to date.

Edited by hermans

Hey everyone!

Please try logging into your Owner.Ford.com account, click on SYNC & HOW-TOS, then CHECK FOR SYNC UPDATES. This update is for all MFT/MLT vehicles, and includes all improvements from previous updates (such as version 3.7 for those of you that it wasn't available for). You do not need to update your maps with a new map SD card as long as you have an A3 or higher SD card. If you cannot report the install back to us, please run a Vehicle Health Report (U.S. Customers only) or Status Checker (U.S. and Canadian Customers) by following these instructions:

Status Checker - Log into your Owner.Ford.com account, click on SYNC & HOW-TOS, then CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES, and scroll to the bottom of the page. There should be a Verification tool with instructions on how to use it. If it doesn't show up, you can use this link - http://owner.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-sa
Here's the link on how to download and install the update:
Please note: Your vehicle should be running during the install to ensure the radio doesn't go into battery saver mode and disrupt the update process.
If the update does not appear or if you have issues downloading/installing it, please send me a private message with your VIN and the details. :)
Please do NOT use files from someone else; only use the files that come from your Owner account.
Rebecca

is this update for 14+ because im not seeing it on fordowners site

is this update for 14+ because im not seeing it on fordowners site

I have a 2013 Fusion Hybrid and I was able to update the software to 3.8.

My Ford Owner's site says my car is up to date.

I ran the version checker in my car.

I uploaded the .xml file. (Note: It is in the folder on the USB stick)

My Ford Owner's site still says my car is up to date but the status date is now today's date.

Either the update is not for my 2013 car or the person that set up the file transfer system needs to retake programming 101.

;(

Edited by murphy

Is the 3.8 update only for MFT with Nav?

I still don't show a 3.8 update available and the web page says my car is up to date.

The site shows no update for my 2013 MKZh, but shows there is an update for my 2015 Escape (that I no longer own) with a build date of 5/15. This seems pretty hit and miss.

We need our Ford IV Team Rep on this... :superhero:

Yoohoo, calling the Ford IV Rep... over here please.