Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Settings Between 60F and 65F on Gen1 Fusion?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DrDeke

DrDeke

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2012

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:18 PM

I recently bought a 2012 Fusion Hybrid. I absolutely love the car and don't intend this post as a complaint, but sometimes (especially as the weather gets colder) I find that I would like the car warmer than what I get if I set it at 60F (the minimum, which seems to produce no heat) but cooler than what I get if I set it at 65F, the next-highest setting above 60, which seems to produce a substantial amount of heat.

Is there any way to prevent the system from jumping between 60 and 65F, so that I could set it to 61, 62, 63, etc? Alternatively, is there something I could do to convert the system to run on Celsius temperatures (in case that might produce a wider range)?

Cheers,

DrDeke

Edited by DrDeke, 03 October 2015 - 10:18 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:31 AM

The 60 degree setting isn't really 60 degrees, it's really "Max Cold".  Ford sets 72 degrees as the "normal" setting where they figure most people will be comfortable, so every degree set below that assumes the user wants the car that much colder than normal.  If you're still too warm at 65, you must have boiling blood, so set it to 65 and then turn the fan down to the lowest setting.  The Celsius scale isn't any different.

Edited by hybridbear, 06 October 2015 - 12:29 PM.
spelling

• hybridbear, GrySql and DrDeke like this

#3 OFFLINE   DrDeke

DrDeke

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2012

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

Waldo, your description makes sense and is consistent with the behavior of the system that I've observed. And you're right, I run pretty warm :). Happily, as the weather continues to cool, a heat setting of 65 seems to produce a lower actual in-car temperature, to the point where it doesn't bother me and I usually have it set higher than that anyway.

#4 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:41 AM

Ford changed the "60" setting to "Low" on the newer models to avoid this exact confusion.

• hybridbear and GrySql like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·