Sign in to follow this  
machoman1337

Mondeo Vignale review

It looks very well-made and even the nonhybrid variant featured in the video is extraordinarily quiet on the inside. The extra leather, not just on the seats, certainly makes for a very classy feel and I especially love the chrome Vignale badge underneath the Ford logo on the trunk lid.

Ford doesn't sell Lincolns in Europe and the Vignale is their first attempt to go upmarket there. Vignale customers get more than a fancier car - they get exclusive service perks such as an exclusive corner in the showroom, free car washes, a "relationship manager", and staff who will personally collect and deliver your car when it needs a scheduled maintenance appointment.

The Vignale badge will find its way onto the S-Max next year as well.

Personally, I'd go for a Vignale over an MKZ :) I would love to see the Fusion, Edge, Escape, and Explorer carry Vignale variants. The colour is beautiful and the extra attention to detail, oh my!

Edited by machoman1337

Looks nice. I could imagine it coming over here as a 'Platinum' trim level. That way it would be more in line with the 'Titanium' trim. I'm not sure they'd want to throw another confusing differentiation in the naming scheme... S, SE, Titanium, Vignale.

I really like the interior. The extra premium leather feel would be worth it. I think the interiors of the Fusions already look spectacular and this would add quite a bit of 'snazz' above the regular trim level. The paint jobs they showed look very nice, but I'm not so sure about the extra chrome. For example having them on the side body lines takes a bit away from that body shape. Yeah, it emphasizes it, but not in a good way. And if you don't have the extra chrome there, then the Vignale badge under the ford logo on the back looks a bit 'flashy'. The grille? LOVE IT!

But as you mentioned, they don't offer LIncolns over there and I think that level of 'premium' feel over here would be saved aside for the MKZ.

Sadly, at least in Canada the MKZ is nowhere to be found. I have only seen one on the roads... being test driven near a dealership (I wonder if the customer bought it). A lot of people dislike the exterior styling which is a throwback to the mid-90s Town Car from the side (and no one ever bought those other than limo fleets). It's a pity that the exterior didn't get the same love as the interior.

Here in Vancouver you can find just about any luxury car as long as it's officially sold in this continent's market. The Germans and the Japanese have a pretty good presence. And you can see super exotics like Bentley and Lamborghini pretty much every day of the week too. Even Cadillac has been a success - I know a few people who are proud owners of the new ATS. However Lincoln is nowhere to be found with the exception of the Town Car (fleet sales only) and the MKX. Additionally, non-luxury models that still carry price tags of 50k+, e.g. Hyundai Genesis, or a fully-loaded Toyota Highlander, are quite common, proving that people are willing to pay a premium for an "ordinary" brand if it's of sufficiently high quality. Given the Fusion's popularity, as well as the popularity of cars like the Genesis, I have a feeling that killing off Lincoln and introducing Vignale on this side of the pond might be a smart move.

Looks nice. I could imagine it coming over here as a 'Platinum' trim level. That way it would be more in line with the 'Titanium' trim. I'm not sure they'd want to throw another confusing differentiation in the naming scheme... S, SE, Titanium, Vignale.

I really like the interior. The extra premium leather feel would be worth it. I think the interiors of the Fusions already look spectacular and this would add quite a bit of 'snazz' above the regular trim level. The paint jobs they showed look very nice, but I'm not so sure about the extra chrome. For example having them on the side body lines takes a bit away from that body shape. Yeah, it emphasizes it, but not in a good way. And if you don't have the extra chrome there, then the Vignale badge under the ford logo on the back looks a bit 'flashy'. The grille? LOVE IT!

But as you mentioned, they don't offer LIncolns over there and I think that level of 'premium' feel over here would be saved aside for the MKZ.

Push Titanium trim to the SE level and place Vignale trim into what is now Titanium? then only S, Titanium and Vignale trim levels.

However ... Honeycomb grille treatment ... gonna have to black it out. Side/lower chrome ... cannot have. If glued on, looks like a small debadging operation needed. I do like the road light treatment - much better than current offerings.

Now, when do WE see it and what's the cost? :drool:

Edited by Cobra348

Those LED lamps (also available on the non-Vignale Mondeo, possibly standard equipment) are a beauty as well. I wonder if I could order OEM Mondeo lights off ebay and just swap out my Fusion's stock lamps...

Those LED lamps (also available on the non-Vignale Mondeo, possibly standard equipment) are a beauty as well. I wonder if I could order OEM Mondeo lights off ebay and just swap out my Fusion's stock lamps...

I'm wondering the same. Based on what I know of the NA vs Euro Fiesta, there is likely to be a mounting issue. That is, any snap or screw mounts may be in different positions and alteration of the fascia may be needed. Next issue would be the actual electrical hookup - the power socket - how easy to modify if needed?

<thinks> If the price is right, I might take a whack at it. I wonder if I could before Winter sets in ... or make it a Springtime project? No garage to work in at my place.

Edited by Cobra348

If this thread here is right: http://www.fordfusionclub.com/208-exterior-lighting/629425-ford-dynamic-led-headlights.html

It seems like Mondeo headlights are not plug-and-play with the Fusion. Real shame :(

Heck, even their commercials are much better on the other side of the pond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naMdNlwYX6o