Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Is there an "always on" power port / cigarrette lighter adapter?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wyotesthybrid

Wyotesthybrid

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE (Color: Gray)
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:26 AM

Is there an "always on" power port / cigarrette lighter adapter?

Or, are all of the power ports in the ford fusion hybrid only powered on when the ignition is on.

If that's true.... what kind of super genius decided on that configuration... ugh

how do you charge your devices when not in the vechile (e.g. when i want to go into the store and let my phone charge in my car while i am not there)

387333.png383622.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 745 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:13 AM

I have a charger plugged into the port inside the console/armrest, and it does continue to charge for a period of time after the key is removed. Not sure how long, but it seems to be at least an hour.
  • Wyotesthybrid likes this

244968.png

#3 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:30 AM

If the 12 volt battery is fully charged the ports stay on for about 70 minutes.

The car already suffers from the 12 volt battery being discharged when the car is not driven every day.  Leaving the ports on would just increase the complaint level.

• hybridbear, GrySql and Wyotesthybrid like this

#4 OFFLINE   jeffo65

jeffo65

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 312 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid, 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:06 AM

You could buy an external battery pack for your phone and plug it into that when out of the car.

You might be able to plug the battery pack into the USB plug in the console and then the phone into the battery.  This way when you shut the car off the battery would still be available for charging.  As long as the battery can charge a phone while it is being charged.

I have not tried this, just thought of it now.  I may have to give this a try to see if it will work.

• GrySql and Wyotesthybrid like this
228095.png<p> 

#5 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

I have a charger plugged into the port inside the console/armrest, and it does continue to charge for a period of time after the key is removed. Not sure how long, but it seems to be at least an hour.

Can confirm, I have a dash cam plugged into the 12V outlet underneath the MyFordTouch screen, and the charger has a light on it. The light is visible for at least an hour after I turn off the car. If I'm unlocking the car in the morning, the light is off, which means the outlet does lose power at some point.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#6 OFFLINE   hupsohl

hupsohl

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

Can confirm, I have a dash cam plugged into the 12V outlet underneath the MyFordTouch screen, and the charger has a light on it. The light is visible for at least an hour after I turn off the car. If I'm unlocking the car in the morning, the light is off, which means the outlet does lose power at some point.

Do you always leave it plugged in? I have a dash cam as well and was worried that it would drain the battery so I started unplugging it when I park since I usually only drive 4 or 5 days a week.

389365.png

#7 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

Yes, I always leave it plugged in.

I took a 2 week vacation leaving my car at home (with the dash cam plugged in) and the battery was perfectly fine. Your 4-5 days a week is more than enough driving :) On my old Fusion I drove it once a week during the last 8 months of ownership (was in school) and I had a garmin GPS plugged in all the time with no problems.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#8 OFFLINE   Frank F

Frank F

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 59 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

If that's true.... what kind of super genius decided on that configuration... ugh

I know this is years later, but what kind of super genius didn't check that out before purchasing if it's so dang important?

#9 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 526 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

... <snip ... Or, are all of the power ports in the ford fusion hybrid only powered on when the ignition is on. ...<snip> ...

Hate to tell you this but the 12V socket has ALWAYS been a switched socket as far back as I can recall.  I used to plug my CB into it in the '80s (Plymouth Sport Satellite and Fury) and it ALWAYS shut off when ignition was turned off.  It would work in accessory mode, tho.  My '69 Torino GT was same way as were all other cars in between these.

The 12V is not immediate loss of power ... it does stay on for some time after ignition off.  But if I'm charging my phone, I'm also not leaving it in the car when I exit.  Therefore whether or not the socket is active is a moot point for me.

Edited by Cobra348, 06 February 2017 - 11:52 AM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#10 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

The 12 volt outlets shut off after about 70 minutes unless the 12 volt battery is low.  In that case they shut off immediately.

• Frank F likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·