Robert Timmons

coolant for 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE

The coolant tank for the electric motor is very low so wanted to purchase some. But even with the manual the guys at "AutoZone" could not tell me which one on their shelf would work in my car. The dealer is just quite a trip so would rather get locally if possible so can anyone tell me what is equivalent to coolant Ford uses for this car. The manual lists the below

Hello and welcome to the Forum!

More info is needed, how many miles are on it? Have you had it long, etc, etc?

I would be very concerned just exactly why that coolant was low, it shouldn't be. Did you check for leaks, etc?

The coolant you linked to should work.

Edited by GrySql

The Coolant heat icon on the dash lights up if either overheats. You can easily see the Inverter System Controller Coolant level, it's only 1.1qt (1 L).

It is the Inverter System Controller Coolant that is low and after driving the car for around thirty minutes city driving the temp warnings start. I am taking it to the dealership today to have them find out where the coolant went... I hope. There are a few recalls as well that hopefully they can get done.

Notice # 15s16

Door Latch Replacement

and

Notice # 15R01

EPS Motor Bolts

Still waiting on Restraints Control Module replacement but no parts available yet on that one and since I am in SOCAL do too worried about the humidity.

I will let you know what they tell me at the dealership. Thanks,

The dealership called and tell me the hose to the Inverter System Controller Coolant tank has rodent damage and that the replacement hose is going to run me $220 dollars and it will not be ready today.

Rats! (Pun intended)

It's good they found the reason and can fix it, but sorry it is so expensive.