Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

16" Winter Tires on 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium (Stock 18" Wheels)?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hytibill

hytibill

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

I have a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium that came with 18" wheels. I ordered 16" wheels and snow tires from TireRack. I assumed that the 16" would fit because the 16" jury-rigged spare fit. However, I'm kind of panicking. Has anyone else put 16" winter tires on their 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid? I used 16"x7" wheels with 40mm offset, matched with 215-60/R16 Michelin Ice Xi3. Thanks for all input! 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 484 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

I never go more than 1 rim size + or - when it comes to what is on the car.  In fact over the last few years I have used the factory rims with winter tires and simply got a non-winter set of rims from TireRack and used the factory tread on them.  Getting a Goodyear Road Hazard warranty covers ANY tread on the car when a leak occurs and rim swaps are free. <shrug>

If I was to guess, one that may crop up is the speedometer ... when it says you're doing 60, you'll actually be doing 59.8 or something near to that.  The difference increases some as the speed goes up.  There also may be other things affected by that radical of a change - perhaps steering/suspension geometry?  Not sure.

Edited by Cobra348, 07 September 2015 - 09:46 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#3 OFFLINE   hytibill

hytibill

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

The tires should be about an eighth of an inch apart in diameter. It's about a 0.6% difference. I hope the steering and suspension won't be affected too much because the gas Fusion S does come with 16" tires. I'm worried about the CVT not working for whatever reason or the tires not fitting. 

http://www.tacomawor...45r18-215-60r16

Well, I guess the only thing for me to do is to wait for the tires to come in, install them, and drive them around. I will report back!

#4 OFFLINE   MJLoader

MJLoader

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

Did the 16" wheels fit??

#5 OFFLINE   hytibill

hytibill

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:01 AM

The 16 inch winter tires fit well. Drove very well over wintry slush and even large piles of snow. Note, however, that if your car is snowed in under two feet of snow, you will still need to dig it out; the snow tires will not let you drive out. The TPMS warning went off intermittently but was not a problem. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·