Sign in to follow this  
hytibill

16" Winter Tires on 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium (Stock 18" Wheels)?

I have a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium that came with 18" wheels. I ordered 16" wheels and snow tires from TireRack. I assumed that the 16" would fit because the 16" jury-rigged spare fit. However, I'm kind of panicking. Has anyone else put 16" winter tires on their 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid? I used 16"x7" wheels with 40mm offset, matched with 215-60/R16 Michelin Ice Xi3. Thanks for all input!

The tires should be about an eighth of an inch apart in diameter. It's about a 0.6% difference. I hope the steering and suspension won't be affected too much because the gas Fusion S does come with 16" tires. I'm worried about the CVT not working for whatever reason or the tires not fitting.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=235-45r18-215-60r16

Well, I guess the only thing for me to do is to wait for the tires to come in, install them, and drive them around. I will report back!

The 16 inch winter tires fit well. Drove very well over wintry slush and even large piles of snow. Note, however, that if your car is snowed in under two feet of snow, you will still need to dig it out; the snow tires will not let you drive out. The TPMS warning went off intermittently but was not a problem.

Loving the 16" snow tires. Getting Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 18.