Sign in to follow this  
TStorm

Display on screen

I'm a new FFH owner here. I just purchased a 2014 S over the weekend and so far am enjoying learning the ins and outs of it. One question I have is over the display of the Climate Control on the screen in the dash. I have the smaller screen versus the big touch screen. 9/10 times the driver/passenger temp setting and the blower speed to do not show up. It seems very sporadic that it actually displays. Is there any rhyme or reason as to when it displays?

My 2015 S has the same issue that you described. I think HybridBear said his first FFH did the same thing. It seems to be a software bug that Ford has not fixed. I have not been able to find a rhyme or reason as to what causes it to happen but I have found that when I turn the climate control system off (via the power button) and then turn it back on it the missing icons/indicators return. Since powering off/on fixes the problem I view it only as a minor annoyance.

Edited by Texasota

I was thinking that since the 4.2" display seems to be designed to only show a single mode, versus it being possible on the MFT to display 4 modes at the same time in their respective quadrants, that the software on the 4.2" display might only show the "Climate" mode for a certain period of time before it times out and then the display is switched to show another mode such as the "Entertainment" mode.

If that is the case, where the "Climate" mode times out, then it seems like depressing any climate-related buttons might bring the"Climate" mode back onto the display for some duration of time.

I was thinking that since the 4.2" display seems to be designed to only show a single mode, versus it being possible on the MFT to display 4 modes at the same time in their respective quadrants, that the software on the 4.2" display might only show the "Climate" mode for a certain period of time before it times out and then the display is switched to show another mode such as the "Entertainment" mode.

If that is the case, where the "Climate" mode times out, then it seems like depressing any climate-related buttons might bring the"Climate" mode back onto the display for some duration of time.

That is an interesting theory and I will watch it closer now. But... I don't think that is the issue. After I fix it by powering off/on the icons and temp indicators remain for hours and then tend to disappear after I make some subsequent radio adjustments or other climate control adjustments. I could be wrong but that is how I recall it behaving.

Edited by Texasota