lesjoh

Rain Sensing Wipers on 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Mine do it all the time - well once or twice every couple of days. At one point it seemed it happened every time I passed under the same bridge. But it is random and since I don't exactly know the sensor operation for them I pretty much chalk it up to my fusion giving me a wave! :)

Edited by Va2014HyTi

I've recently noticed my wipers will make a random single wipe. This can occur when the windshield is completely clean and dry. My wipers are set in auto wipe mode.

Mine do it all the time - well once or twice every couple of days. At one point it seemed it happened every time I passed under the same bridge. But it is random and since I don't exactly know the sensor operation for them I pretty much chalk it up to my fusion giving me a wave! :)

Hi guys,

If the area around the mirror is dirty, the rain sensor is very sensitive and the wipers may operate if dirt, mist, or insects hit the windshield. You can find more information about the rain sensor on page 66 of your Owner Manual. Here's the 2013 for lesjoh and the 2014 (page 68) for Va2014HyTi.

Meagan

The Rain-Sensing Wipers come on the SE's equipped with the "SE Luxury Driver Assist Package" and on HyTi's equipped with the "Titanium Driver Assist Package".

The 2013 Fusion Order Guide available in this post has the details, mostly accurate, about which features come on which models.

Thanks Meagan! I've owned my car since Dec. 2013; the "wave" began recently. Are rain-sensing wipers standard or part of a package? They aren't specifically listed on the window sticker.

Hybrider beat me to the punch! :D

Meagan