Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rain Sensing Wipers on 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Best Answer FordService , 26 August 2015 - 10:38 AM

Thanks Meagan!   I've owned my car since Dec. 2013; the "wave" began recently.  Are rain-sensing wipers standard or part of a package?  They aren't specifically listed on the window sticker.

Hybrider beat me to the punch! :D

Meagan

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lesjoh

lesjoh

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

I've recently noticed my wipers will make a random single wipe.  This can occur when the windshield is completely clean and dry.  My wipers are set in auto wipe mode.  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Va2014HyTi

Va2014HyTi

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 13 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Hybrid Titanium Fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

Mine do it all the time - well once or twice every couple of days.  At one point it seemed it happened every time I passed under the same bridge.  But it is random and since I don't exactly know the sensor operation for them I pretty much chalk it up to my fusion giving me a wave!  :)

Edited by Va2014HyTi, 23 August 2015 - 09:10 AM.

• lesjoh likes this

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium - Dark Side
- Driver Assist Package, Park Assist, ACC, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated steering wheel, Heated/AC seats
* Ordered: 11/21/13,  * VIN: 11/26/13, * Sticker: 12/12/13, * Build Date: 12/17/13, * Delivery Date:  1/7/2014

#3 OFFLINE   lesjoh

lesjoh

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:33 AM

Va2014HyTi, I like the way you think!  My car started waving after I had owned it about 18 months.  Let's hope it isn't something about to break.

I noticed you have Adaptive Cruise Control.  I hadn't heard of it until I looked at the features on my car.  ACC is great.  I won't own another car without it.  Park Assist is a fun too, although I don't need it very often.

#4 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

I've recently noticed my wipers will make a random single wipe.  This can occur when the windshield is completely clean and dry.  My wipers are set in auto wipe mode.  

Mine do it all the time - well once or twice every couple of days.  At one point it seemed it happened every time I passed under the same bridge.  But it is random and since I don't exactly know the sensor operation for them I pretty much chalk it up to my fusion giving me a wave!  :)

Hi guys,

If the area around the mirror is dirty, the rain sensor is very sensitive and the wipers may operate if dirt, mist, or insects hit the windshield. You can find more information about the rain sensor on page 66 of your Owner Manual. Here's the 2013 for lesjoh and the 2014 (page 68) for Va2014HyTi.

Meagan

• lesjoh likes this

#5 OFFLINE   lesjoh

lesjoh

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

-se

Hi guys,

If the area around the mirror is dirty, the rain sensor is very sensitive and the wipers may operate if dirt, mist, or insects hit the windshield. You can find more information about the rain sensor on page 66 of your Owner Manual. Here's the 2013 for lesjoh and the 2014 (page 68) for Va2014HyTi.

Meagan

Thanks Meagan!   I've owned my car since Dec. 2013; the "wave" began recently.  Are rain-sensing wipers standard or part of a package?  They aren't specifically listed on the window sticker.

#6 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

The Rain-Sensing Wipers come on the SE's equipped with the "SE Luxury Driver Assist Package" and on HyTi's equipped with the "Titanium Driver Assist Package".

The 2013 Fusion Order Guide available in this post has the details, mostly accurate, about which features come on which models.

• hybridbear, GrySql and lesjoh like this

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#7 OFFLINE   lesjoh

lesjoh

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

The Rain-Sensing Wipers come on the SE's equipped with the "SE Luxury Driver Assist Package" and on HyTi's equipped with the "Titanium Driver Assist Package".

The 2013 Fusion Order Guide available in this post has the details, mostly accurate, about which features come on which models.

Thanks for the information.

#8 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:38 AM   Best Answer

Hybrider beat me to the punch! :D

Meagan

• GrySql and lesjoh like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·