Marksclu

Compact spare tire for 2016 Fusion Hybrid P225 50 R16

The rear friction brakes do the majority of the braking done by the brake pads since the front axle has regen braking.

I'm guessing that would be true during light braking. But anytime you need to stop quickly the front brakes will be doing the majority of the braking.

Thanks for posting. The only part that addresses the front brakes is:

Once the rear wheel slip exceeds a predetermined threshold, the ABS module commands the HCU to close the appropriate isolation valves to hold the rear brake pressure constant while allowing the front brake pressure to build.

In an emergency/panic stop the front brakes will be doing the majority of the braking (as much as 70%). This is due to the nose diving effect that all cars experience under hard braking. Weight is shifted from the rear axle/tires to the front axle/tires which results in the rear tires being able to provide relatively little braking effect before they begin to skid/slip.

But, your original point is true - under light braking the front friction brakes will be used very little assuming the hybrid driver is diligent about maximizing regen braking. If a driver (hybrid or conventional) races up to red lights and then stands on the brakes, then it will not be true. I witnessed lots of that in Florida last winter.

Spare and jack. No need for the foam packing. The long screws holds it tight and I add 1/4 inch foam carpet under the spare to prevent noise.

That (foam carpet) is a good idea. I might try that and see if it frees up more space for squirreling away misc things I like to store in the wheel well.