Kurt Vangelist

MyFordTouch Sync issues

Did you delete the devices from both the car and phone and then try to pair them again? Just a thought! :)

I have noticed this happening as well. Just started happening a few months ago. Previously, I had no issues when running Pandora through Bluetooth.

Hi Kurt,

Congrats on your new-to-you Fusion Hybrid! To better assist with this, please let me know which phone you have, and what app automatically starts when you connect your phone. After that, we can troubleshoot further. :)

Rebecca

Hi Kurt,

Congrats on your new-to-you Fusion Hybrid! To better assist with this, please let me know which phone you have, and what app automatically starts when you connect your phone. After that, we can troubleshoot further. :)

Rebecca

Rebecca,

My phone acts similar to Kurt's. I am going to try deleting and repairing my phone to see if it works. When I Bluetooth connect my phone, to play Pandora, it starts playing music that is on the phone, not from an app. can stop the music then start Pandora, but the screen will not show the artist/name of song.

I noticed this happening after getting a new phone that paired automatically to our FFH.

Phone - Samsung Galaxy S5

Like I said, I will delete and repair the FFH to my phone to see it that works. I don't drive the FFH enough to worry about this as it is my wife's car, but will look into this tonight hopefully.

Jeff

Mine also sometimes starts playing music stored locally on the phone, rather than the streaming app I normally use, Slacker. Sometimes this even occurs when Slacker is still open, but paused. It's just a minor annoyance that requires me to touch stop on my music player app and play on my streaming app, then all is well. The song and artist info from Slacker always appears on the center screen.

I unpaired/deleted and repaired my phone last night. Tried running Pandora through Bluetooth and Pandora would not run. Thought I did something to my phone/app so tried running Pandora in my car and it would not play Pandora. Went back to the FFH and tried running Spotify through Bluetooth and had no problems. It started right up and displayed artist/title on the HU.

This morning tried Pandora in my car, not the FFH, and it works fine. Initially I had a message statin "Waiting for Pandora service" but that did not last long. May try Pandora in the FFH this weekend. Will keep you posted.

Select Bluetooth from the headunit or through the steering wheel controls and then start your music on your phone. Use whatever app you want.

No issues with incoming or outgoing phone calls.

You can also run Google Maps/Waze/any Nav app at the same time and the "turn by turn" voice prompts will play across your audio system. It will pause the music and play the prompts.

Hello Rebecca I am Kurt but also on here as Banker47 so forgive that duplicate entry. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and when I have my phone blue toothed into my Sync and select BT Music from the media selections it automatically brings up the native music player in my phone and starts playing some track not sure if it is the first one on my player or what. When Is stop the music player and shut it off, and bring up the Pandora app and start playing that music through my system if never displays the artist or song but simply stays on whatever song was last playing on my native music player on my phone, meaning it is almost like the display is frozen on what was last playing.

I tried starting up Pandora first and then selecting BT Audio and then Pandora will stream through my stereo but it will never display the song or artist or any information it will only say unknown unknown.

Not sure what to do or if unpairing and pairing will help, when I bough the car and went on line there was a sync update that I had to put on a USB and use to upate the Sync in the car but I dont think that was the cause of this.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Kurt/Banker 47

Kurt,

Try a different music app and see if you get the same outcome.

Jeff

I unpaired/deleted and repaired my phone last night. Tried running Pandora through Bluetooth and Pandora would not run. Thought I did something to my phone/app so tried running Pandora in my car and it would not play Pandora. Went back to the FFH and tried running Spotify through Bluetooth and had no problems. It started right up and displayed artist/title on the HU.

This morning tried Pandora in my car, not the FFH, and it works fine. Initially I had a message statin "Waiting for Pandora service" but that did not last long. May try Pandora in the FFH this weekend. Will keep you posted.

Hello Rebecca I am Kurt but also on here as Banker47 so forgive that duplicate entry. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and when I have my phone blue toothed into my Sync and select BT Music from the media selections it automatically brings up the native music player in my phone and starts playing some track not sure if it is the first one on my player or what. When Is stop the music player and shut it off, and bring up the Pandora app and start playing that music through my system if never displays the artist or song but simply stays on whatever song was last playing on my native music player on my phone, meaning it is almost like the display is frozen on what was last playing.

I tried starting up Pandora first and then selecting BT Audio and then Pandora will stream through my stereo but it will never display the song or artist or any information it will only say unknown unknown.

Not sure what to do or if unpairing and pairing will help, when I bough the car and went on line there was a sync update that I had to put on a USB and use to upate the Sync in the car but I dont think that was the cause of this.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Kurt/Banker 47

Thank you both for all the info! I'd like you two to select the Entertainment tab on MFT and press the following:

BLUETOOTH AUDIO > OPTIONS > MEDIA PLAYER > MEDIA PLAYER SETTINGS > AUTOPLAY - OFF

Perform a key cycle by turning off the car, open the door for 5 - 10 seconds, and turn it back on. Once you do that, try Pandora again; make sure it's already open and running on your phone. Let me know how it goes!

I now realise that I wasn't aware of the ability to play music from my phone via a bluetooth connectino to my FFH.

- I assume an explanaton is in the FFFH manual, right?

- When ou're playing music that way from a phone, does that prevent receiving or making calls via bluetooth with that or another phone?

I see Jeff already answered this for you, but you can also take a look at this link to see all the cool stuff you're able to do with MyFord Touch:

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/get-started-with-sync.html/?sync=my-ford-touch

Just holler if you have any questions! :)

Rebecca

I also tried what was suggested and all it did was stop the autostart. Still no artist/song showing on the screens. I have no issues with other music apps. Only Pandora does this.

Sorry for the delay, folks! It seems that this may have been caused by the latest Pandora update. Customers have made Pandora aware, and to the best of my knowledge, they are working on it. If you are able to revert back to a previous version, please give that a try.

Rebecca