Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

K&N Engine Air Filter

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

Any improvement in fuel efficiency?

I wish I knew... 

I put new, different spark plugs and the K&N air filter in at the same time, plus different tires than the last trip to this destination.

This super hot desert/high elevation mountain trip two years ago was with 2 people, we had 3 people this time so a lot more weight in the car.  Last trip I got about 37.5 mpg, this trip we got 40.9 mpg with A/C on 95%.

The car drove great and was quieter, this is an early build 2013 Job 1 FFH with 18" wheels/tires.  You have a 2015 FFE with all the new improvements so I don't know if this air filter would be worth the effort. 

• corncobs likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

I wish I knew... 
I put new, different spark plugs and the K&N air filter in at the same time, plus different tires than the last trip to this destination.
This super hot desert/high elevation mountain trip two years ago was with 2 people, we had 3 people this time so a lot more weight in the car.  Last trip I got about 37.5 mpg, this trip we got 40.9 mpg with A/C on 95%.

The car drove great and was quieter, this is an early build 2013 Job 1 FFH with 18" wheels/tires.  You have a 2015 FFE with all the new improvements so I don't know if this air filter would be worth the effort. 

Sounds like some decent MPG improvement to me! Sure you can't say which individual change/upgrade is responsible for the the biggest improvement but the sum definitely seems to work well.
  • GrySql likes this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#23 OFFLINE   dalesky

dalesky

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 535 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang GT conv, Fusion HYTI
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

I have a K&N cold air intake on my Mustang GT for years. It is allowing better performance, but not better mileage. When I tune the engine for maximum performance and high octane It definitely roars when I stand on it. I am very pleased with my K&N setup. On my fusion I think I will stick with the stock filter. 

HyTi Ice storm

black leather
Sony sound
Voice Nav
Moonroof
Driver assist

1st tank 5-20-13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·