Kaibs

Traded in my 08 Prius for 2015 Fusion Energi Titanium

So far, I could not be happier. I have owned the Fusion for less than a week so still a newbie but getting great results. My commute to the office is 26.5 miles each way (15 highway miles at 65 mph, 7 miles at 50 mph, & 4.5 city miles at 35 mph) and I am able to charge at the office - I make it in EV mode the entire way (longest EV only has been 29 miles so far). In regular hybrid mode I'm getting 51 mpg, so very happy. Granted, I learned how to pulse and glide with the Prius so already knew the basics.

But more importantly, the Fusion is fun to drive and looks great - my Prius was torture on the roads and looked, well, like a Prius...

But more importantly, the Fusion is fun to drive and looks great - my Prius was torture on the roads and looked, well, like a Prius...

That says it all to me :-) Welcome...

Granted, I learned how to pulse and glide with the Prius so already knew the basics.

Coming from a Camry Hybrid myself, even though the Toyota and Ford systems look the same at first glance they are optimized differently. The Ford system (at least with the non-Energi Fusion I've got) naturally cycles between electric and gas. There is a thread here discussion how to force it to run the gas engine continuously and have the electric supplement much like Toyotas do naturally. In any case, without doing any special measures our Fusion does 5mpg better than the Camry, and the Fusion is a slightly bigger car.

I expect you will find your Fusion a superior car in almost every way.

Congrats, welcome and to many more happy posts.

With your kinda infrastructure (26.5 miles + recharging) it would be really hard not to take advantage of a plugin hybrid.

A fine choice you made! Lucky you get to charge at work... your gas expenses will be the envy of anyone who doesn't own an EV.

I'm curious. When someone charges at work. Is it a secure area where you feel confident no one will 'pilfer' the charger? My first thought was if my car/plug is just sitting out in a somewhat public area, I'm not ok with the trust system.

there have been charger thefts reported on the C-max energy forum. Some folks recommend putting the charger body under the hood or inside the car, and using a heavy duty extension cord to plug it in there. I have never charged away from home with my charger, but I'm fortunate to have public free chargers near places I often visit, so I get about 60% of my electrons free. I have seen public chargers that have been vandalized, so I agree that the trust factor is not an option these days. It just takes one jerk....