cmreynold

Fuel economy decreased after Factory Software Upgrade

I swear depending on what gas station I fuel up at really changes my gas mileage and it is very noticeable.

Could it be different mixes of ethanol between 0% and 10% (or whatever the allowed range is?)???

Yeah...my old Ford Fusion V6 would skyrocket in the winter too...like up to 12.8 liters per 100 km (US 19mpg) given shorter trips and the cold. In my new 2015 FFH. I'm still getting 7 liters/100 km ( US 34mpg) even though a lot of my trips this time of year are, as I said earlier, short and the engine barely has time to get efficient. Went out to the shooting range 55km out of town yesterday in the lo 20sF and got 6.3 l/100km (US 37mpg) going out and 5.1 l/100km coming back (US 46mpg).

The range is up on the plateau about 300 meters up in altitude from my house and the long, slow climbout/descent really does make a difference.

Have you try blocking the front grill?

I've used water pipe insulator foam to block my grill. The engine stays hotter longer, therefore mor EV km. It was -20 the past two weeks, and i'm still averaging 5.7L. (40 MPG+)