Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Fuel economy decreased after Factory Software Upgrade

fuel economy software upgrade

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

After parking one day I noticed that some update was taking place on my screen.  But I was in too much of a hurry to notice just what it was.

On the center MFT screen? That means MFT crashed & is rebooting. The car says "scheduled maintenance" when this happens. This is an APIM issue & has nothing to do with how the car drives.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   MrMikeL

MrMikeL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

I have to laugh reading this post.  I used to have a 2010 FFH, and now I have a 2013 FFE.  I would always lament the onset of winter and the impending decrease in MPG.  So a trip that used to be 41 or 42 MPG was now 34 or 35.  And I'd get upset.  Until I realized that DUH! I'm getting 34 to 35 MPG!

I understand, we all want to max out our MPG.  But at the end of the day, we are getting better MPG than 80% of the vehicles we share the road with.

• corncobs and machoman1337 like this

#23 OFFLINE   CCalvinN

CCalvinN

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 119 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FF HyTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:29 AM

I have to laugh reading this post.  I used to have a 2010 FFH, and now I have a 2013 FFE.  I would always lament the onset of winter and the impending decrease in MPG.  So a trip that used to be 41 or 42 MPG was now 34 or 35.  And I'd get upset.  Until I realized that DUH! I'm getting 34 to 35 MPG!

I understand, we all want to max out our MPG.  But at the end of the day, we are getting better MPG than 80% of the vehicles we share the road with.

THIS!  

I was complaining the other day at work at how low my mpg had dropped in the last few weeks.  Everyone agreed with me until I told them it was all the way down to 33 mpg.  They angrily muttered under their breath that they were in the low 20s.  So now instead of crying about it I brag that I'm getting 33 mpg! 

• corncobs likes this

346645.png

#24 OFFLINE   jgnfld

jgnfld

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid S

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:56 AM

Yeah...my old Ford Fusion V6 would skyrocket in the winter too...like up to 12.8 liters per 100 km (US 19mpg) given shorter trips and the cold. In my new 2015 FFH. I'm still getting 7 liters/100 km ( US 34mpg) even though a lot of my trips this time of year are, as I said earlier, short and the engine barely has time to get efficient. Went out to the shooting range 55km out of town yesterday in the lo 20sF and got 6.3 l/100km (US 37mpg) going out and 5.1 l/100km coming back (US 46mpg).

The range is up on the plateau about 300 meters up in altitude from my house and the long, slow climbout/descent really does make a difference.

Edited by jgnfld, 11 January 2016 - 08:57 AM.

• machoman1337 likes this

#25 OFFLINE   Daniel Schaefer

Daniel Schaefer

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:53 PM

I swear depending on what gas station I fuel up at really changes my gas mileage and it is very noticeable.

#26 OFFLINE   jgnfld

jgnfld

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:Canada Atlantic Provinces
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid S

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:13 AM

I swear depending on what gas station I fuel up at really changes my gas mileage and it is very noticeable.

Could it be different mixes of ethanol between 0% and 10% (or whatever the allowed range is?)???

#27 OFFLINE   FernMTL

FernMTL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 140 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

Yeah...my old Ford Fusion V6 would skyrocket in the winter too...like up to 12.8 liters per 100 km (US 19mpg) given shorter trips and the cold. In my new 2015 FFH. I'm still getting 7 liters/100 km ( US 34mpg) even though a lot of my trips this time of year are, as I said earlier, short and the engine barely has time to get efficient. Went out to the shooting range 55km out of town yesterday in the lo 20sF and got 6.3 l/100km (US 37mpg) going out and 5.1 l/100km coming back (US 46mpg).

The range is up on the plateau about 300 meters up in altitude from my house and the long, slow climbout/descent really does make a difference.

Have you try blocking the front grill?

I've used water pipe insulator foam to block my grill. The engine stays hotter longer, therefore mor EV km. It was -20 the past two weeks, and i'm still averaging 5.7L. (40 MPG+)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel economy, software upgrade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·