cmreynold

Fuel economy decreased after Factory Software Upgrade

It is normal for the HVB to not always fully charge. It is controlled by a software controlled system. If the battery is fully charged, it cannot absorb regen braking energy. In weather over 95, the AC starts to affect mpg significantly particularly when cooling heat soaked cars. Maximum mpg occurs at about 90.

Thanks for the posts. I drive my car for fuel efficiency, and so at 24,000 miles, my total mpg is 43.8 and that has dropped in the past 6 months.

I'm aware that the battery will not fully charge. What I've noticed is that the amount my battery charges has decreased. Now, it only charges to between 50-60%, much lower than previously. As for the A/C, I have more of a problem with the mpg dip in the winter months than I do in the summer.

Driving an FFH aggressively will cause the HVB to charge to higher levels than more conservative driving will. So maybe you're just learning how to drive more efficiently, which could be causing the HVB to not charge as high as it was before.

Just took my FFH in for service and the recalls noted above. I too am getting 10% less mileage.

It may be due to colder weather. MPG decreases about 2 mpg for every 10º F. lower temperature.