Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Vent Visors

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 HiTy Platinum White
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

Nothing new on the subject in over a year, so I will start another discussion on them.  I have had vent visors on all my cars/trucks for years.  I think they add a nice accent to the looks of a vehicle.  I have had both AVS and Weathertech brands.  I did not notice a difference in them.  Does anybody know of any differences in them besides weathertech being over twice as expensive?  Weathertechs have 3 year warranty, avs has lifetime.

Can somebody give me a reason as to why I would by the weathertechs over the avs?  I will spend the extra money if there is a valid reason.

http://www.autoparts.../V15194714.html

http://www.autoparts...L/W2482732.html

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   securityguy

securityguy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FUSION SE HYBRID

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

Not a big fan of vent visors...make cars look like Grandpa owns it...maybe you're a Grandpa :)   I, personally, have a lot of experience with other Weathertech products and their quality is superior to anything in the market.  I went "low price" in the past and just ended up getting WT in the end.  Not much help I know but it's a thumbs up for Weathertech as a company...their quality, fit and finish is second to none!

Edited by securityguy, 28 June 2015 - 01:50 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

Both are made in the USA so you can't go wrong with either. I've never had Weathertech vent visors so I'm not much help here but I've purchased their floor mats for other vehicles and love them. I have the AVS vent visors and Husky floor mats on my FFH and love both. As you know, besides looking good, they serve a great purpose when parked in the sun. I purchased mine at Auto Anything along with a custom window shade that fits perfect and matches the color of the car.
20130711_165653_zps655fd727.jpg

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

#4 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 435 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:15 PM

Nothing new on the subject in over a year, so I will start another discussion on them.  I have had vent visors on all my cars/trucks for years.  I think they add a nice accent to the looks of a vehicle.  I have had both AVS and Weathertech brands.  I did not notice a difference in them.  Does anybody know of any differences in them besides weathertech being over twice as expensive?  Weathertechs have 3 year warranty, avs has lifetime.

Can somebody give me a reason as to why I would by the weathertechs over the avs?  I will spend the extra money if there is a valid reason.

http://www.autoparts.../V15194714.html

http://www.autoparts...L/W2482732.html

Weathertech - there are a couple clips for the rear deflectors/visors, but other than that they slip in nicely.  AVS has double-sided tape or something that requires the windows up for a period of time as it sets.  Weathertech has none of that at all, although I do recommend keeping the windows up for several hours to get the things to set into place properly.

I just had the Weathertechs put on because I drive with the windows cracked a bit.  Invariably I get rain water or splashup from traffic right thru it and into my face.  Now I don't sweat it at all.

Weathertech installed ...

IMG_0002_1.jpg

Edited by Cobra348, 28 June 2015 - 02:20 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked)

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#5 OFFLINE   CCalvinN

CCalvinN

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 119 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FF HyTi

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:14 AM

I have the weathertech deflectors and have had no problem with them.  It did take about a week to get fully seated and not activate the window down safety feature.  

One thing I noticed in the pics posted by thavil and Cobra is the area near the mirror.  The weathertech seems to flow down and cover that area.  I've noticed water flowing over that area in the rain and wonder if the AVS ones are going to give you the same protection.  

I added a pic to highlight what I'm talking about. 

Attached Files

346645.png

#6 OFFLINE   CCalvinN

CCalvinN

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 119 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FF HyTi

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

Both are made in the USA so you can't go wrong with either.....

Hmm... I thought Weathertech was made in the USA too.  While I was out shopping today I took a closer look and noticed this:  Made In Germany

Attached Files

• thavil likes this

346645.png

#7 OFFLINE   Da0ne

Da0ne

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 323 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi, 2014 Lexus IS 250 AWD
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:33 PM

i had the AVS on my hybrid and never had a problem i didnt order any for my energi since i run on battery the majority of the time

319386.png

305468.png

retired 9/23

180884.png

#8 OFFLINE   BiXLL

BiXLL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 54 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 HiTy Platinum White

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

I bought the AVS but after seeing the Weathertechs go down the front piece I wish I would have gotten them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·