Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

New or used FFH?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

I would go with the 2015 if you can afford the payment. Bumper to bumper warranty would be worth it alone in my opinion plus you'll know the cars full history.

Me too, plus all the early issues have been fixed on the 2015's. 

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

Looking at one of the letters from Ford to dealers, it says "Demonstration / Delivery Hold" and then says "DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any of the affected vehicles involved in this safety recall" -- but doesn't stipulate new vs used. 

I think this is a NHTSA requirement for safety recalls. I don't know if it would impact used cars.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#23 OFFLINE   wmmallette

wmmallette

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:50 PM

Me too, plus all the early issues have been fixed on the 2015's.

What were the early issues on the 2015's?

I am definitely getting the 2015 Wednesday morning. Only reason I ask is that the 2015 VIN I posted earlier in this thread has Navigation - (I could care less) my iPhone Navigation is just fine, lol.

They have another 2015 that's same color and everything the same except instead of Navigation, it has Active Park Assist and Intelligent Access and it would be a few hundred dollars cheaper because of a $500 bonus cash offer on cars invoiced before Januray 1st. The car with the Navigation was invoiced this year and isn't eligible for the extra $500 off. VIN on this car is: 3FA6P0LU1FR167437

Thoughts on the feature difference?

-Mickey
370756.png

#24 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

Not what I meant, I was referring to the 2013's when I said 'early issues'.

Having APA will give you the front sensors, which I wish my car had.

That car has a 10/07/2014 build date.

The Time Machine....

#25 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:26 AM

I am definitely getting the 2015 Wednesday morning. Only reason I ask is that the 2015 VIN I posted earlier in this thread has Navigation - (I could care less) my iPhone Navigation is just fine, lol.

They have another 2015 that's same color and everything the same except instead of Navigation, it has Active Park Assist and Intelligent Access and it would be a few hundred dollars cheaper because of a $500 bonus cash offer on cars invoiced before Januray 1st. The car with the Navigation was invoiced this year and isn't eligible for the extra $500 off. VIN on this car is: 3FA6P0LU1FR167437

-Mickey

Guess that depends on what is most important to you.

3FA6P0LU1FR167437:

• Sitting somewhere for 8 months.
  • Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System
  • Intelligent Access w/Push Button Start and Remote Start
  • Charcoal Black Leather Seats

3FA6P0LU9FR289219:

• Sitting somewhere for 3 months
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Navigation – with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® with *60 months subscription
  • Dune Leather Seats

And as far as the $500 difference, I would imagine you could negotiate that off of the 3FA6P0LU9FR289219 FFH too, if that is the one you really want.

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#26 OFFLINE   wmmallette

wmmallette

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

What is the benefit of having the front sensors GrySql?

Does either of these have a type of cruise control that is beneficial hybrid driving?
370756.png

#27 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

Knowing how close your front bumper is to an immovable object can be beneficial when parking the car.  I tend to park too far back to avoid hearing that crunching sound.  ;)

The Time Machine....

#28 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

Does either of these have a type of cruise control that is beneficial hybrid driving?

Helps you avoid hitting small objects in the front that you may not be able to see directly. Also, if you're backing out and forget to look in the front as you swing the car to the side, the sensors could alert you :P

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#29 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:54 PM

-Mickey

I notice that the one with APA also has California emissions. That is interesting considering that you're in Mississippi. How many miles does each car have? I'd get the one with Active Park Assist & Intelligent Access/PBS. That feature is super useful when parking in a garage or in a parking lot. And letting the car parallel park itself is really cool! Push button start & intelligent access are also awesome features. I don't ever want a car where I need to take the key out of my pocket again.

Edited by hybridbear, 15 June 2015 - 05:55 PM.

• rjent likes this

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#30 OFFLINE   wmmallette

wmmallette

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

Is having California emissions a good or bad thing? Does it help or hurt MPG? Or anything else for that matter.

I am in Mississippi and the car is in the Baltimore/DC area.
370756.png

#31 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:01 PM

I notice that the one with APA also has California emissions. That is interesting considering that you're in Mississippi. How many miles does each car have? I'd get the one with Active Park Assist & Intelligent Access/PBS. That feature is super useful when parking in a garage or in a parking lot. And letting the car parallel park itself is really cool! Push button start & intelligent access are also awesome features. I don't ever want a car where I need to take the key out of my pocket again.

Is having California emissions a good or bad thing? Does it help or hurt MPG? Or anything else for that matter.

I am in Mississippi and the car is in the Baltimore/DC area.

The car was originally delivered to a dealer in MD - see the 'MD' on top left of the window sticker.  MD is one of the about 10 states that have similar (don't know if exactly the same) emissions requirements as CA.

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#32 OFFLINE   wmmallette

wmmallette

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

Do the CA emissions affect gas mileage?
370756.png

#33 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:43 PM

2015 models and later have the ability to raise the front passenger seat.

On 2013-2014 models it only slides forward/back and reclines. A few people commented that it's too low in the 2013.

• GrySql and Larry Twitchell like this

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#34 OFFLINE   wmmallette

wmmallette

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:54 PM

choosing the 2015 with the active park assist and the intelligent access.  will get there wednesday.  y'all think good thoughts that all goes well to get the deal done quickly and exactly as promised.  

thanks everyone for all the helpful information and suggestions.  this forum has been a great guide in my buyng process.  Now if yall will just tell me how to drive it to get the most mpg mos of the time, then i will be good.   :shift:  :)

• jeff_h, Sleddog and machoman1337 like this
370756.png

#35 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:51 AM

Congrats on your purchase. May this awesome car bring you much joy :)

Tips for max mpg:

- Don't be hard on the gas pedal or the brakes. It takes practice if you're not used to it yet. Eventually you'll learn how to control your braking to maximize the energy returned.

- On cold days, don't blast the heating. Set the temperature to the lowest possible that doesn't result in cold air blowing out the vents. Use the seat heaters to warm your body - it's FAR more energy efficient that way. 

- On a road trip on a clear freeway, just set the cruise control to the posted speed limit and let the hybrid system handle the rest of the job for you.

- On hot days, roll down the windows and drive around for maybe 5 minutes before using the A/C. If you're already used to driving with the windows down vs using A/C, then you're good to go. I personally dislike driving with the windows down unless I have to, because I don't want sediments from outside blowing into my car, and I also want to play my music without annoying other drivers.

Edited by machoman1337, 16 June 2015 - 12:54 AM.

• corncobs likes this

#36 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 655 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:56 AM

Now if yall will just tell me how to drive it to get the most mpg mos of the time, then i will be good.

You'll get lots of different opinions and approaches here. Mine is to pretty much just drive like i want to drive and let the gas mileage take care of itself which it does a very good job of. I really don't care if I could eke out another 2 mpg by driving lilke I don't want to drive.

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#37 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

CA emissions should not impact MPG. I'm not even sure what, if any, the physical difference is on the car.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#38 OFFLINE   wmmallette

wmmallette

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

Just got home from the DC/Baltimore area with my new FFH! Happy with the car and the price I got.
I drove from Baltimore to Hickory, NC and spent the night with a buddy from college. Got up today and drove home to Mississippi. I logged 1022 miles. Left Baltimore with a full tank, filled up once during the trip and once 10 miles from my house so I have a full tank in it right now in the garage. I used 23.2 gallons, which averages out to 44.05 MPG. Very happy about that! I set the cruise on 79 for half the trip and on 65 for the other half. Seemed to be about 10 - 11 MPG in cruising at the different speeds. My daily work commute will give me no reason to ever set my cruise over 65 and usually around 55, so I think my MPG will work out well. I drive about 35 miles each way everyday and no big freeways. All 4-lane highways with a 65 mph speed limit, so I am content driving 55 - 65 at any given time. There's never any traffic and about 10 -12 miles of the drive is hilly, but not too extreme.

My MPG calculations are based on my odometer and the number of gallons put in the car at the end of each trip. The dash numbers didn't show the same numbers. Dash numbers were around 41 MPG for the whole trip, but I can't see how that's right over logging the miles I drove and knowing how much fuel I put in each time. I just basically set the gas pump at the middle notch to let it fuel without me holding it. Then when it cut off I put another half gallon or so until it seemed like the pump wouldn't run more than a second or two without cutting off. Used 12 gallons the first fill up and 11.2 the second, which is pretty much filling it up from empty each time. By the dash estimation, I had 11 miles to go until "Empty" once and 30 miles to go until Empty at the time of of the other fill up.

What's your experience with the accuracy of the dash calculations on MPG versus the way I am figuring it?

Happy to be an official FFH owner now!
  • jeff_h, GrySql and corncobs like this
370756.png

#39 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,776 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:07 PM

The dash calculations are very precise and repeatable and the accuracy error is constant. Measuring the mpg by two fill-ups is not. There's too much variation in when pumps shut off. You have confirmed other observations that the mpg speed penalty is about 6 mpg per 10 mph.

• jeff_h and hybridbear like this

#40 OFFLINE   wmmallette

wmmallette

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

Gotcha lolder, I was just reading other threads about different pumps, locations, etc.

Luckily, now that I'm home, I can get into a routine of same pump, same station most all the time except non-work out of town trips. Consistency seems to be the key and over the long haul, it will average out pretty close to correct. All I know is I travelled 1022 miles starting with a full tank and only filled up twice during the trip and still have a full tank. I am super excited to start that way. The dash info is a good constant reminder to watch how I drive and how that affects mpg. Just being conscious of it more often will make me a more economical driver long-term. That, in addition to having a more fuel efficient car will help the amount of money I spend on gas each month, which will mean that my monthly work gas reimbursement will help pay a portion of my car payment. They pay me at a set rate per mile travelled regardless of the fuel efficiency of what I am driving, so that's more $$ in my pocket to pay for the shiny new car.
370756.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·