Sign in to follow this  
GrySql

Emission Recall 15E03

Stepped up pressure from the federal goverment and fear of litigation is behind the larger number of recalls and it is impacting many manufactures (not just Ford). We are seeing recalls for things today that would not have resulted in recalls in the past. Valid arguments can be me made both pro and con.

Has anyone had this done yet? Just received the official notice in the mail yesterday. I am in no hurry to get this done. May wait till it needs to go in for something else.

If you have had it done, has anything changed performance wise, mileage wise, etc?

I just received this notice yesterday. I have three outstanding recalls plus once again my VHR has a problem with the restraints module (RCM). I am waiting until the replacement door latches are available before I take the car in to have all four items handled in the same visit. The emission recall is meaningless for me since I put less than 5000 miles a year on the car which makes the car exempt from emission inspections.

Ditto on the above with 4 items on the menu... and now I'm starting to hear an old familiar sound that used to be present on the SE Hybrid -- the "ping pong" sound! At least that's kinda what it sounds like, but my car's build date was after those subject to the 13-5-24 TSB.

I guess it's time to email my service guy and ask if they have parts for the 14S21 RCM and the 15S16 door latches in stock yet, and if so just git-r-done.

I had the recall done about 3 weeks ago and see no difference at all. I'm still getting over 50MPG on each round-trip to and from work. I didn't receive a notice in the mail but the service department called me on two different occasions to setup an appointment. This is the first time I've received a call like this unless the recall has been out for some time.

Thanks. That is what I was hoping. Did it reset any of you lifetime numbers?

I just received this notice yesterday. I have three outstanding recalls plus once again my VHR has a problem with the restraints module (RCM). I am waiting until the replacement door latches are available before I take the car in to have all four items handled in the same visit. The emission recall is meaningless for me since I put less than 5000 miles a year on the car which makes the car exempt from emission inspections.

I also have 3 outstanding recalls and my VHR "Restraints and Driver Assistance" is showing Status: Uncertain as well. Dealer said this relates to the RCM replacement needed.

Notice #: 14S21

RESTRAINTS CONTROL MODULE REPLACEMENT

Notice #: 15S16

DOOR LATCH REPLACEMENT

Notice #: 15E03

POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING

No immediate plans to get 15E03 repogrammed. Will probably wait until either parts for the other 2 come in or oil change time.

And what happens for this PCM recall if your car doesn't fail the emissions test before they do

the recall? Do you have to have it done, or just keep my mouth shut. Car is running just

fine.

Also, I see to the 3-4 recalls shown for me on Ford's site, a couple were done (RCM) and

they told me they did treat the steering bold for anti-corrosion, but not replace it. A preventative

measure that they just did without my asking (this makes sense to me).

So the recalls show 4 recalls pending even though 2 of them were done (ie, no indication of completed

recalls from the website).

And what happens for this PCM recall if your car doesn't fail the emissions test before they do

the recall? Do you have to have it done, or just keep my mouth shut. Car is running just

fine.

Also, I see to the 3-4 recalls shown for me on Ford's site, a couple were done (RCM) and

they told me they did treat the steering bold for anti-corrosion, but not replace it. A preventative

measure that they just did without my asking (this makes sense to me).

So the recalls show 4 recalls pending even though 2 of them were done (ie, no indication of completed

recalls from the website).

Great question, smr2112.

I recommend reaching out to your dealer for specifications on the emissions testing, as well as the other recalls. Keep me in the loop with what you find out.

Meagan