LadyDi

Fusion letters on trunk falling off

I searched the forum and couldn't find any discussion on this issue. Yesterday part of the "F" in the Fusion letters on the trunk fell off. I had a car that was 25 years old and the letters never fell off. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't know where it fell and don't have it. I will be asking Ford to replace it as I don't think that is normal. I didn't run my car through a car wash for the letter to just fall off, but thanks for the suggestions.

I removed the hybrid emblems/lettering from my FFH. After applying only a little bit of heat from a hair dryer the adhesive became soft/gooey and the plastic letters came off very easily. I would guess that direct sunlight on a hot day would have the same effect.

How dreadful gkinla. Thanks for the warning. Going in Monday to get it done along with the musty odor problem in the AC vents. Luckily it is still under warranty.

What the F? I just checked mine and several letters seem somewhat loose, especially the F and I. Just before reading this, I was commenting to my wife that I thought the Hybrid lettering/emblem on the front doors was unnecessary. They appear a little crooked, too. I may remove them, but I'm afraid of potential paint discoloration since it was built 2 years ago.

We also had our "FUSION" turn into a "FUSIO". The dealer replaced the letters under warranty with no problems. It appears that the letters are mounted on a soft/pliable rubber whereas our other car the letters are directly glued to the car.

gkinia - sorry but that tech is a MORON! It doesn't take the sharpest tool in the shed to do what he was asked to do. I have debadged several cars during my lifetime and there is an easy way to remove lettering and the 3M tape. Use dental floss to move the letters and Goo-Gone Automotive or WD40 to remove the 3M tape left on the car. Neither will harm the paint and you can then clean it up and reattach whatever you want.

I removed all of the hybrid badges from mine. Very easy to do.

Edited by Texasota