Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing my Stock Lug Nuts - Need help

lug nuts mcgard wheel locks

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 519 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

Another $15 has just left my wallet :arrive_alive:

Steeda strut tower brace, hood struts and sway bar?

Edited by Cobra348, 12 July 2015 - 07:03 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 987 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

Probably don't need a hourmeter, but I have one. No real reason, just interested to know the total operating time.

The Trip1 and Trip2 displays do display hours in addition to mileage and MPG.  That would seem to give you an hour meter if you use either trip1 or trip2 as your lifetime metrics (i.e. don't reset them). But I suppose they would also include time in EV mode as opposed to only ICE run time.

#43 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 519 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

The Trip1 and Trip2 displays do display hours in addition to mileage and MPG.  That would seem to give you an hour meter if you use either trip1 or trip2 as your lifetime metrics (i.e. don't reset them). But I suppose they would also include time in EV mode as opposed to only ICE run time.

Yup - that's my assumption as well.  Time is kind of interesting in seeing how long it took to rack up the mileage on the trip meter. Other than that I dunno ...

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#44 OFFLINE   billford

billford

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 244 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:None
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

I always reset the trips once in a while that's why I installed the hour meter. Don't really need it, just curious. Total time right now is about 650 hours. Probably useless information, but I like it...

#45 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

Hey security guy: thought about splash guards/mud flaps? They really do a great job of keeping the side of your car cleaner. They're easy to install yourself and it doesn't take long at all. They bolt/screw on and look good too. The best prices I found for the OEM product:

Price          Shipping    Ford Part No.

Splash Guards, Molded Front       Group1AutoParts.com      $38.84         $6.21       DS7Z-16A550-AA

Splash Guards, Molded Rear        Group1AutoParts.com      $38.84        $6.22        DS7Z-16A550-CA 

The Ford MSRP is $49.99 (ea pair) + tax. You may find cheaper similar looking ones on eBay, but they're probably not the OEM product. Just sayin'!  :)

Edited by TonyHzNV, 12 July 2015 - 11:27 PM.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

#46 OFFLINE   securityguy

securityguy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 67 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FUSION SE HYBRID

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:33 AM

Thanks Tony but worked them into the deal when I bought the car...never buy a car without F/R mud guards for the reason you mentioned above.  Thanks for thinking of me my friend :)

#47 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

Hey security guy: thought about splash guards/mud flaps? They really do a great job of keeping the side of your car cleaner. 

Be aware that the reason that the mud flaps keep the back of the car clean is because they're disrupting the air flow & adding drag.

http://fordfusionhyb...ather-and-dust/

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#48 OFFLINE   securityguy

securityguy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:56 PM

I prefer the clean to the minimal amount of drag they will add...will you really even notice it???

#49 OFFLINE   securityguy

securityguy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:11 PM

corncobs...so you have this model and are very happy with it?  Looks nice and certainly within my price range.  Where did you wire it into for power?

#50 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

corncobs...so you have this model and are very happy with it?  Looks nice and certainly within my price range.  Where did you wire it into for power?

Yes I'm happy with it! The fact that it comes with a 64GB card is pretty cool. So far it's just powered by the provided 12V to USB adapter and the cable. It is long enough to run it over and down the A pillar back to center console below the glovebox for the front 12V outlet.
I planning to add a USB male connector into the overhead console so I can plug it in right there.
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#51 OFFLINE   securityguy

securityguy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:28 PM

Wonder if I can just tap into the lighting circuit for the map lights and power it directly from there.......

By the way...back on topic...my lug nuts came today :)

Edited by securityguy, 13 July 2015 - 06:29 PM.

#52 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

I agree that my replacement lugnuts don't fill the wheel lug opening as fully as the OEM type. 

Take a look here, maybe they can help you find something better.

http://www.brandspor...ugnuwhlof4.html

Another place I found online that has a decent selection of lug nuts is:

https://www.lugnutguys.com/

But the set of lug nuts I finally purchased was on Amazon.

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#53 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:01 PM

Since I preferred to not have the extra tall chrome replacement lug nuts sticking out on my 5-spoke wheels, I went with the extra tall _blue_ lug nuts since they don't seem to stick out as much like a swollen sore thumb to me.

And another reason I like the blue color is that the blue lug nuts mostly match the blue Ford center cap covering the wheel hub. And they are even a closer match to the blue valve stem caps I had already installed myself when I replaced the awful bright green caps my dealer had put on to indicate that my tires were filled with nitrogen.

5-Spoke Wheel with Blue lug nuts and valve stem cap
Dorman Blue Replacement Lug Nuts

I got my blue lug nuts from Amazon, at this link below.

http://www.amazon.co...eywords=711-342

Some of the online photos, including the ones at Amazon, make these blue lug nuts look like they are a paler lighter shade of blue, but the pics I posted here show how they are really a deeper darker blue than many of the online photos of them make them out to be.

As a side note, when I bought my set of lug nuts from Amazon, they were being listed at a much cheaper price than what they are currently showing now on Amazon. When I purchased them a week ago, they were shipped and sold directly by Amazon. But after I bought the 1 last set which they showed as being the last set they had in stock directly from Amazon, then the only sets available at that Amazon link were from external vendors, and that Amazon webpage immediately started showing a much higher price than what I payed. I have no clue if Amazon will ever ship these lug nuts directly from Amazon again or not.

My new lug nuts are made by Dorman Products (http://www.dormanproducts.com/), and are also available at O'Reilly auto parts stores (online and locally here) at an even slightly higher price than the ones currently showing as being available on Amazon. These blue Dorman lug nuts are the same height as the chrome ones others here have said they purchased from Amazon, at 1.4" (manufacturer says 1.375") tall versus the 1.25" I measured on my stock lug nuts. And that measurement I did on the FFH stock lug nuts was at the very tippy top of the point. So the stock lug nuts actually look even shorter than even that difference in height would indicate since that point on the stock lug nuts is so pointy.

These blue lug nuts are the M12x1.5 size of lug nuts, with the acorn bulge and the 60° seat angle, and they do fit great on my wheels. But the interesting thing is that both the manufacturer's website (Dorman) and Amazon say they don't fit on my 2014 FFH.

But because of the knowledge I have gained from this fabulous forum, I now know I have one less thing to worry about should I end up being out in the boonies and not being able to get my wheel off if I should ever end up getting a flat and needing to use my spare tire, which was also obtained based on knowledge I gained at this awesomely great forum.

Edited by Hybrider, 25 July 2015 - 02:10 PM.

• GrySql and securityguy like this

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#54 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

My new lug nuts are made by Dorman Products (http://www.dormanproducts.com/)

These blue lug nuts are the M12x1.5 size of lug nuts, with the acorn bulge and the 60° seat angle, and they do fit great on my wheels. But the interesting thing is that both the manufacturer's website (Dorman) and Amazon say they don't fit on my 2014 FFH.

Good write up and they make your car look good and a little more personal.

At the risk of wandering off topic, I was looking at your pictures and your GY LS2 tires remind me that I am so glad I changed to Continental LRR tires.  During the 32k miles I had the LS2's I didn't think they were a bad tire, in fact, after boosting them to 40psi, though they rode well.  Not anymore, my Conti's with their stiff sidewall really changed the car's handling and ride for the better.

• smr2112 likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#55 OFFLINE   securityguy

securityguy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

Just installed my DP lug nuts I bought off of Amazon yesterday after washing my daughters car.  Used my Goodyear battery powered impact wrench I bought at Pep Boys on sale for $69 last Christmas.  The socket that came with the wrench worked great and fit the lug perfectly.  No stripping of the aluminum cap :)   Replaced them all and torqued to 100 as required in the manual.  This way, if my daughter has any issues, it will not be the lug nut causing the problem.

• GrySql likes this

#56 OFFLINE   smr2112

smr2112

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 511 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

Just a note too about the Continental PureContract LRR tires - I assume those are the ones you are referring to.

They are great now that I've had them for 1 month, it was well worth the money to make the change pre-maturely

and I can easily tell how much easier the car both rolls and stops better and I assume the rubber compound is much

more "grippy" as I hear it squeak at low speed on my garage floor and driveway.  Really makes it a much

more different car and should have had these to begin with.  I feel gypped by the original LS2s!  They also

absorb bumps better and make the car very quiet on the highway.  Highly recommended.

Good write up and they make your car look good and a little more personal.

At the risk of wandering off topic, I was looking at your pictures and your GY LS2 tires remind me that I am so glad I changed to Continental LRR tires.  During the 32k miles I had the LS2's I didn't think they were a bad tire, in fact, after boosting them to 40psi, though they rode well.  Not anymore, my Conti's with their stiff sidewall really changed the car's handling and ride for the better.

• GrySql likes this

2013 FFH Hybrid Titanium 900A / Sterling Grey / Driver Assist / Park Assist / Adapt. Cruise / Moonroof / Navigation -- Took delivery 04/16/13

194152.png

#57 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

Just a note too about the Continental PureContract LRR tires - I assume those are the ones you are referring to.

To be specific:  235/45R-18 Continental PureContact with EcoPlus Technology

There is more discussion about these tires on this Thread.

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#58 OFFLINE   vangonebuy

vangonebuy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 204 posts
  • Current Vehicle:13 Fusion Hybrid,14 Subaru Outback, LIRR & my 2 feet

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

Rotated my tires and spun an  alum. cover over the lug nut.

Others are scuffed up.

Decided to replace the poorly designed original set.

DP from Amazon was the replacement.

http://www.amazon.co...fusion lug nuts

Went with the flat top slightly longer ones.

Not the acorns.

Gained 6.35 ounces in weight compared to originals.

Actual contact shoulder to rim looked the same. Although the originals were wider.

Very happy with the results on my 5 spoke rims.

2 on left were old/ 3 new on right                                         slightly longer length on 3 lugs.

gallery_11865_305_65108.jpggallery_11865_305_79566.jpg

• GrySql and corncobs like this

#59 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 987 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:11 PM

Decided to replace the poorly designed original set. DP from Amazon was the replacement.

Thanks for the replacement info. The new lug nuts look nice. I like your garage floor too.

• GrySql and vangonebuy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·