smr2112

Replacing my Stock Lug Nuts - Need help

So what causes this? Discount Tire has rotated tires twice on our Energi and the lug nuts look like they've never had a wrench touch them...

Same here. My tires have been rotated twice by Ford Quick Lane and while you can tell that that they have been removed (some discoloring where the socket made contact) there is no deformation or damage of the lug nuts.

I really want to replace my lug nuts with the solid chrome lug nuts others here have said they used for replacements. But the after-market lug nuts look much taller, and uglier too, than the OEM lug nuts on my 5-spoke 18" wheels.

Have any of you found any shorter, solid lug nuts that would fit on my 5-spoke wheels?

This forum just keeps sucking money out of my pocket. Just ordered replacement lug nuts off Amazon to rid myself of the aluminum capped nuts. Better to do it now than have to deal with it later and for $20 it's a no-brainer. Thanks Guys...anything else I should buy??? ;)

Must have Husky or Weathertech floor liners, traps water/dirt, helps keep the carpets clean.

Good to have locking wheel nuts for security.

May want to have a Scangauge. Monitors engine, trans, battery temperatures, tire pressures.

May want a dashcam.

Probably don't need a hourmeter, but I have one. No real reason, just interested to know the total operating time.

Probably don't need a hourmeter, but I have one. No real reason, just interested to know the total operating time.

The Trip1 and Trip2 displays do display hours in addition to mileage and MPG. That would seem to give you an hour meter if you use either trip1 or trip2 as your lifetime metrics (i.e. don't reset them). But I suppose they would also include time in EV mode as opposed to only ICE run time.

The Trip1 and Trip2 displays do display hours in addition to mileage and MPG. That would seem to give you an hour meter if you use either trip1 or trip2 as your lifetime metrics (i.e. don't reset them). But I suppose they would also include time in EV mode as opposed to only ICE run time.

I always reset the trips once in a while that's why I installed the hour meter. Don't really need it, just curious. Total time right now is about 650 hours. Probably useless information, but I like it...