Sign in to follow this  
Christal Watts

no fuel button on the 2016

Well that's a good tip for others and an improvement, as the below has only occurred the very same way about a dozen times:

We are about to drive somewhere together and my wife gets in and purse leans down on the fuel release button and 'doink' there goes the lid release.

Me: "Ahh geez not again, I told you to watch for the stupid button!" (as I get out to close it back up)

Her: "Well it's a stupid place to put the stupid button!"

Yeah, about a dozen times or so...

No fuel button on my 2013 FFH. Just push fuel door in and it pos open.

The Energi can have uo to 3 buttons on the passenger side of the console. EV Mode, Fuel door, Automatic parking.

Or just two buttons that take up the same space, for cars that don't have the park assist. Notice how the larger button for the fuel door can make it a larger target to get pushed inadvertently...

Energi_Fuel_Button_zps6sqdioqs.jpg

Edited by jeff_h

The Energi's have a pressurized fuel tank to make the fuel last longer. When the button inside is pushed it first releases the pressure, then opens the outside door.

"Plug in HEVs (PHEV) use a sealed evaporative system. The sealed fuel system is designed to contain fuel vapors while not refueling. This is because the engine may not run for extended periods of time on a PHEV so fuel vapors do not get purged on a regular basis. Internally, the sealed system is known as a NIRCOS (Non-Integrated Refueling Canister Only System)."

My point was that it is a stupid place to locate the button, not the functionality.

The worst is accidentally hitting the EV button and putting the car into EV Later forcing the ICE to come on when you don't need it. My wife has done that a few times unknowingly...

Putting any of those buttons on the passenger side of the console seems odd.