Sign in to follow this  
rwhgme

Oil change issue

Was at the dealership for oil change and tire rotation. 3.5 hours later I drive away. I check the "Oil Life" monitor. It still reads 56%. I can't find a way to reset it. I take it back to the dealership a d the service rep says it needs to be hooked up to reset the monitor and it takes 50 minutes!! AYFKM? He said it is a glitch with the 2015's...anybody heard of this?

I have not tried this but page 100 in the FFH Owner's Manual describes where to go in the settings to reset the oil life indicator. I think I have a vague memory of forum members having difficulties to get that to work but you might give it a try.

After an hour at the dealership.. And no joy....I sat there, scrolled through many different submenus, and all of a sudden, oil life reset shows up where it wasn't for the last many hours. I reset it. And it has held. Did it in front of a tech and advisor. We all just shook our heads.

Was that after the service department hooked it up and did the hour long update/reprogram thing?

Your experience made me curious and I just went out and checked my 2015 FFH. The oil reset option was present under "settings->vehicle" and I was able to manipulate it successfully. It seemed to work properly.

I recently did have two programming recalls performed on it (a PCM update and an instrument panel update). Maybe the instrument panel update (http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9509-field-service-action-number-14c11/?p=89717) fixed the problem you encountered. Have you had that update done? Or maybe that was the update that they performed for you.

Edited by Texasota

This reflash just came out today, June 1, to fix the oil change reminder on 2015's. Not sure if the applies to hybrids. Just call your dealer with your serial number to see if it applies to you.

Reprogram.pdf

Edited by billford