Sign in to follow this  
fury

Second Fusion, first Hybrid

Hiya. I dropped off my old leased 2.5L '13 Fusion SE and picked up a '13 Fusion Hybrid SE yesterday. My very first hybrid, but my second Fusion. (I guess I liked the Fusion more than I thought, although MyFordTouch is of course crap)

20k miles on it, pretty good condition.

Pretty happy with it so far (I'd better hope so, gonna be paying for it til I'm old and grey!)

Both had the same package setup - MFT and the rear camera/sensor - so I'm pretty much right at home except for the newfound hybridity. Compared with the gas fusion, vast difference in the smoothness of the ride (and to me, the gas fusion was no slouch in that department--of course, coming from a '94 T-bird, just about anything would feel like riding on cloud 9). So quiet around town it's almost creepy. If not for the podcasts I'm playing from my phone, I could just about hear myself think...

I've been playing around with the fancy new E* screens on the left gauge and seeing how to get a feel for when the gas has to kick in. I've set it to eco cruise mode (a mode I wanted even on my gas fusion - I hated the standard cruise control's aggressive accel/decel/shifting)

Averaging 48 MPG so far since I picked it up, 44 on my way to work, 54 on my way home. I take it that's a sign I already pretty much drive the way a hybrid likes to be driven. I plan to take advantage of that with my insurance company who has a dongle that spies on me and I get a refund for good driving.

Pros: gamifying my driving. I like the brake coach telling me when it's a good regen, the leaves, etc. Almost wish it'd just give me a straight-up "you're hitting the brakes too hard right now, we're not getting any regen" rather than an after-the-fact "yep, that was good", but after enough of that I'll prolly get the feel for it. I've usually hit 99-100% except when some idiot pulled out in front of me and then slammed on his brakes.

Cons: none encountered so far yet, other than the same one I had with the other Fusion...MyFordTouch. Some time in the future, I'm gonna mount a different head unit to the car for media/phone/apps/nav, plug it into the aux in, and leave MFT to just show me the drive info screen.

Welcome fury and congrats on your second Fusion.

Sounds like you feel right at home and drive the FFH like it likes to be driven.

Same here, second Fusion but first Hybrid. My first Fusion was older than yours though - 2008 SEL V6 AWD fully loaded.

Congrats, and good choice! :) My first Fusion was a hybrid and so's my second! Actually, the second is my wife's car. We are absolutely thrilled with them. Hope yours is good to you, too!