Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Trunk and tail lights

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   redsoxaa

redsoxaa

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

I am going to ask the dealer to fix my trunk when I take it in for the power steering recall.  The tail lights on my trunk are slightly above those on the body, which is what I am primarily wanting fixed.  Just wanted to ask the board if their trunk tail lights match the body in how far they stick out.  What I mean is that if I slide my hand across the either tail light when I get to the trunk there is a drop off where the trunk lights are slightly recessed compared to the body ones.  Is that by design or is it also something to have examined?

Thanks in advance.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 994 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

What I mean is that if I slide my hand across the either tail light when I get to the trunk there is a drop off where the trunk lights are slightly recessed compared to the body ones.  Is that by design or is it also something to have examined?

I just checked my 2015 and they are slightly recessed as you described but not very much (maybe 1/16 of an inch). The amount of recess is identical on both sides and on mine you would have to look awful close to notice the amount of recess.

On the other hand, the trunk lid and the body panels line up perfectly and I suspect that if you tried to adjust the trunk lid to make the tail lights become perfectly flush, then the body panels would not be lined up correctly which would be more noticeable and a bigger issue in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·