Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Is this feature on 2015/2016 Fusions equipped with Active Park Assist?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

I got my car pre-owned with active park assist and love it not so much for the self-parking feature, but for the fact that it allows me to have parking sensors on my front bumper as well. If I were to buy a new car, I'd certainly pay for this option just for that.

However, one shortcoming I see with the system on my 2013 Fusion is the lack of an overhead graphic to aid the parking sensors when they go off. You do get the coloured squares on the rearview camera display when you go in reverse, but if the front sensors go off, you don't have a convenient way of knowing exactly which direction the obstacle is in.

My parents' Lexuses feature an overhead graphic that pops up on the navigation screen whenever the sensors go off, using coloured lines to show the exact direction the obstacle is coming from.

Most other luxury brands like BMW, Audi, etc have a similar feature. I also recently sat in a loaded Chrysler 200C and yes, it has this feature too.

Now today I happened to stumble upon an Australian review of the 2015 Mondeo, and look what I see:

MONDEO_Trend_411.jpg

So guys, if you have a 2015 or 2016 model equipped with front sensors, do you have this feature? Ford should really push this as a software update to their North American models.

Edited by machoman1337, 11 May 2015 - 03:15 PM.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 534 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

Porsche Panamera has it as well.  I don't have active park assist, but this is still something pretty slick simply as part of MFT if nothing else.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#3 ONLINE   billford

billford

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 255 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:None
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

I want that if the new ones have it, I guess I'll have to trade in my 2014 to get it...

#4 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:01 PM

Fun fact: In the rest of the world, the Mondeo can be had with both front and rear parking sensors without needing to get the self-park as well (Mondeos like this would lack the cornermost sensors found on Fusions equipped with self park). Such Mondeos also feature a button on the centre console that can deactivate the front and rear sensors - useful for, say, entering a car wash.

Come on Ford... merging the Mondeo and Fusion was already the right step forward, now let's do even better and harmonize equipment as well!

Edited by machoman1337, 11 May 2015 - 08:02 PM.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·