markd85

Hissing from speakers at low volumes

Hello,

I've noticed what sounds like hissing and distortion at low volumes (and even moreso at regular volumes with when there is dead air/silence from the station i'm listening to). I brought it in to the dealer and even though i sat in the car with the tech and said "thats the noise, dont you hear that", and he couldnt. They researched it back in the shop but said there was nothing to be done. I've noticed it on FM and Sirius stations, and even when i bluetooth my phone audio.

Is this the ANC people mention? Seems like its the opposite of noise cancelling, and is noise creating. when the audio is on 0 (mute) there is silence, and when i tick it up one notch before i can even hear sound i can hear the hissing and distortion. it almost sounds like there is another station playing underneath.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Just to follow up, i've read nearly every post on this forum and i know others are having similar issues but I dont know if there was a definite answer. The TSB 13-1-13 doesnt seem to apply to me because my vehicle was built after the date indicated. I havent tried all of the suggestions though, unplugging my phone charger, turning off the screen, removing the ANC fuse from the fuse box, etc.

Hello,

I've noticed what sounds like hissing and distortion at low volumes (and even moreso at regular volumes with when there is dead air/silence from the station i'm listening to). I brought it in to the dealer and even though i sat in the car with the tech and said "thats the noise, dont you hear that", and he couldnt. They researched it back in the shop but said there was nothing to be done. I've noticed it on FM and Sirius stations, and even when i bluetooth my phone audio.

Is this the ANC people mention? Seems like its the opposite of noise cancelling, and is noise creating. when the audio is on 0 (mute) there is silence, and when i tick it up one notch before i can even hear sound i can hear the hissing and distortion. it almost sounds like there is another station playing underneath.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Have you considered a second opinion at another dealer? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

Have you considered a second opinion at another dealer? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

I haven't done that, but there's a dealer near me that has what they call a "Sync Expert", which mine does not. I'll check that out. Thanks.

I haven't done that, but there's a dealer near me that has what they call a "Sync Expert", which mine does not. I'll check that out. Thanks.

Thanks for following-up!

Meagan

I have this problem on my Fusion Hybrid too, for some reason it is worse in the winter then it is in the summer. I have the TSB 13-1-13 done on it, but it didn't fix the problem. I had the dealer look at it but it is so subtle that they can't really pick it out. Unless you live with the car, It could be very hard to hear.

I have mine in for service at a different dealer so hopefully I'll have an answer to this today.

I have mine in for service at a different dealer so hopefully I'll have an answer to this today.

So the dealer had my car since Tuesday, and their resolution was to pull the fuse for the active noise cancelling module (instructions to do this yourself are somewhere in the forum). The Ford hotline told them to replace the ANC module, which they did. It sounds like the noise is slightly still there, but not as bad as before. Perhaps this is just how the ANC works and is cancelling road noise or something. oh well, its better than it was before so i guess its better than nothing.

it sounds like youre mixing issues. the ANC issue is something that i dont think will ever go away. they replaced the ANC module and the noise is still there.

Are you complaining about the sound of the engine? its an atkinson cycle 2.0 liter engine. its not the quietest thing in the world, it has a noticable growl. if you want advice on what the car should actually sound like, go test drive another one and you'll see. were you expecting silence?