Iwejun

Vehicle Health Report not going through?

Perhaps your subscription to Sync Services needs to be renewed? I had to renew mine today for another year.

Edited by SteveB_TX

Im still trying to run the first VHR on my truck and it tells me it can't until it has 200 miles on the Odometer, which is over 400 now. Goofy thing, cant update Sync site either until it runs a VHR.

OK i just had a OH DUH moment! LOL I have my scan gauge hooked up to display actual MPH. Bet thats what mussing it up. After all this time you would think I would know better.

Well, thats not it. I pulled it off and was still not able to run a VHR saying it needed 200 miles on it, and it has over 500 now,

Finally got it to run. Had to drive 60 miles with the SG disconnected, then it ran. Now my Owners site is up to date. Need the VHR in order to do any Sync update reporting. All is good now.

... Need the VHR in order to do any Sync update reporting...

The VHR is not needed for reporting the SYNC update to owner.ford.com. I have updated to SYNC 3.7, and successfully reported it to the SYNC site, but have never run a VHR.

Here are the steps for reporting the SYNC update as listed at the SYNC site, all done with only the USB thumb drive used for the update.

1) Remove the USB drive used to install the software update from your vehicle’s USB port and take it to your computer.

2) Log in to your SYNC Owner account.

3) Visit the SYNC Software Updates page. If you see a notification saying, "You have recently downloaded an update," then you are eligible to confirm that you were able to update your SYNC system successfully. Choose Confirm Update. If you do not see the Confirm Update button, you may need to manually report your SYNC software version. Visit the software report page and follow the on screen instructions.

4) You'll be instructed to connect your computer to the USB drive that you used to install the SYNC software update to your vehicle. When you've inserted the USB drive, choose Report Update to Ford.

That did not work for me, and step one said to run a VHR to update the Sync site. I did the download, ran the instal, and tried to confirm the update but it kept failing. Once I did run a VHR the entire site updated. Might be a recent change to the site since I never needed one before.