Sign in to follow this  
thavil

FFH SE Key Fob Issue

Does the FFH not have a setting in the left cluster to allow all four doors to unlock with one click? The MKZh has that feature. Hmmm.... May be time for some hands-on research.

Edited by SteveB_TX

Anyone else seen/heard of this issue with their FFH SE key fob or any other car fob? Two days ago, I clicked the unlocked button twice on the fob to unlock all four doors like I have always done for the past two years. The doors unlocked but all four windows went down also even though I didn't hold down the 2nd click. Thinking I did something wrong, I blew the issue off.

That evening at work, the same issue happened. Now when I click the unlock button twice, the 2nd click normally doesn't register. I click unlock again and all four doors unlock and the windows go down. Thinking the battery was dying in the fob, I went to the store and bought a new battery. No change in the remote behavior. I tested the wife's fob and it works fine so I don't think it's an electronics issue in the car. Also, I can't remember ever dropping the fob to damage it.

Let's unlock this mystery. Have you had a chance to visit your dealer for a diagnosis? Once you do, please let me know, along with your mileage. :)

Meagan

Good one Meagan! I stopped by the dealer this morning and was told that the fob wasn't covered under the Ford ESP as I am just over 36,000 miles. I didn't even ask their price to replace the fob as I know I can get it cheaper online. I did notice something on the fob today though. The exterior corner next to the unlock button has a nick on the plastic. I know that I've never dropped the fob and can't prove that someone at the dealership did last week when the car was in for replacement rear bushings.

There's a dancing lock emoji on one of the other forums I'm on, and I really wanted to use it here.

If you decide to continue working with your dealer, I'll be happy to check out some additional assistance. Just let me know. :)

Meagan