Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

FFH SE Key Fob Issue

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

Anyone else seen/heard of this issue with their FFH SE key fob or any other car fob? Two days ago, I clicked the unlocked button twice on the fob to unlock all four doors like I have always done for the past two years. The doors unlocked but all four windows went down also even though I didn't hold down the 2nd click. Thinking I did something wrong, I blew the issue off.

That evening at work, the same issue happened. Now when I click the unlock button twice, the 2nd click normally doesn't register. I click unlock again and all four doors unlock and the windows go down. Thinking the battery was dying in the fob, I went to the store and bought a new battery. No change in the remote behavior. I tested the wife's fob and it works fine so I don't think it's an electronics issue in the car. Also, I can't remember ever dropping the fob to damage it.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:37 PM

Nope no issues here plus I have mine set to unlock all 4 doors with the first click. For the windows I have to hold down the button rather long.
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#3 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

Nope no issues here plus I have mine set to unlock all 4 doors with the first click. For the windows I have to hold down the button rather long.

Thanks for the tip, no idea why I never set mine up to unlock all 4 doors with the first click. Maybe I wore out the unlock button using it too much.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
Covercraft sun screen
Stubby antenna (4")

#4 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for the tip, no idea why I never set mine up to unlock all 4 doors with the first click. Maybe I wore out the unlock button using it too much.

That's a possibility! I had that issue on my previous HHR and button contact had just worn out over time so that the unlock eventually wouldn't work at all anymore.
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#5 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

Does the FFH not have a setting in the left cluster to allow all four doors to unlock with one click?  The MKZh has that feature.  Hmmm....  May be time for some hands-on research.

Edited by SteveB_TX, 26 April 2015 - 07:31 AM.

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

#6 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:45 AM

Page 72 in the OM:

Global Opening and Closing

Note: The ignition must be off and the accessory delay feature must not be activated in order for this feature to operate.

Note: This feature can be disabled or enabled by your authorized dealer or in the information display. See General Information (page 84).

You can open and close your vehicle's windows, and vent the moonroof (if equipped) using the remote control.

Opening the Windows

Press and hold the unlock button on the remote control to begin opening the windows and venting the moonroof (if equipped).

Press the lock or unlock button on the remote control to stop motion.

Also see Page 95.

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#7 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

Does the FFH not have a setting in the left cluster to allow all four doors to unlock with one click?  The MKZh has that feature.  Hmmm....  May be time for some on hands research.

Yes it does, I just never set it up. Even after setting it up, my issue with the unlock button on the fob remains.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
Covercraft sun screen
Stubby antenna (4")

#8 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

Page 72 in the OM:

Global Opening and Closing [/size]
Note: [/size]The ignition must be off and the accessory delay feature must not be activated in order for this feature to operate. [/size]
Note: [/size]This feature can be disabled or enabled by your authorized dealer or in the information display. See [/size]General Information [/size](page 84). [/size]
You can open and close your vehicle's windows, and vent the moonroof (if equipped) using the remote control. [/size]
Opening the Windows [/size]
Press and hold the unlock button on the remote control to begin opening the windows and venting the moonroof (if equipped). [/size]
Press the lock or unlock button on the remote control to stop motion. [/size]

Also see Page 95.

Thanks but this is information I already know and use daily in the summer, my issue is with the fob itself.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
Covercraft sun screen
Stubby antenna (4")

#9 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

Sadly, the usual last answer - Probably need to visit the Dealer and have them look at this.

• thavil likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#10 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

Anyone else seen/heard of this issue with their FFH SE key fob or any other car fob? Two days ago, I clicked the unlocked button twice on the fob to unlock all four doors like I have always done for the past two years. The doors unlocked but all four windows went down also even though I didn't hold down the 2nd click. Thinking I did something wrong, I blew the issue off.

That evening at work, the same issue happened. Now when I click the unlock button twice, the 2nd click normally doesn't register. I click unlock again and all four doors unlock and the windows go down. Thinking the battery was dying in the fob, I went to the store and bought a new battery. No change in the remote behavior. I tested the wife's fob and it works fine so I don't think it's an electronics issue in the car. Also, I can't remember ever dropping the fob to damage it.

Let's unlock this mystery. Have you had a chance to visit your dealer for a diagnosis? Once you do, please let me know, along with your mileage. :)

Meagan

• Texasota likes this

#11 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

Let's unlock this mystery. Have you had a chance to visit your dealer for a diagnosis? Once you do, please let me know, along with your mileage. :)
Meagan

Good one Meagan! I stopped by the dealer this morning and was told that the fob wasn't covered under the Ford ESP as I am just over 36,000 miles. I didn't even ask their price to replace the fob as I know I can get it cheaper online. I did notice something on the fob today though. The exterior corner next to the unlock button has a nick on the plastic. I know that I've never dropped the fob and can't prove that someone at the dealership did last week when the car was in for replacement rear bushings.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
Covercraft sun screen
Stubby antenna (4")

#12 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

Good one Meagan! I stopped by the dealer this morning and was told that the fob wasn't covered under the Ford ESP as I am just over 36,000 miles. I didn't even ask their price to replace the fob as I know I can get it cheaper online. I did notice something on the fob today though. The exterior corner next to the unlock button has a nick on the plastic. I know that I've never dropped the fob and can't prove that someone at the dealership did last week when the car was in for replacement rear bushings.

There's a dancing lock emoji on one of the other forums I'm on, and I really wanted to use it here. 

If you decide to continue working with your dealer, I'll be happy to check out some additional assistance. Just let me know. :)

Meagan

#13 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Why wouldn't the fob be covered under the ESP? Would it have been covered under the original 3/36 warranty?

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#14 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

Why wouldn't the fob be covered under the ESP? Would it have been covered under the original 3/36 warranty?

No idea but that's what the SA told me. I'm going to call the ESP customer service and find out for sure before I purchase a new fob online.

Edit - I just called the Ford ESP customer service and was informed that the key fob is not covered even though I have the PremiumCare plan. It didn't make a difference that I didn't break the unlock button. A little disappointing.

Edited by thavil, 29 April 2015 - 09:23 AM.

• hybridbear likes this

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
Covercraft sun screen
Stubby antenna (4")

#15 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

No idea but that's what the SA told me. I'm going to call the ESP customer service and find out for sure before I purchase a new fob online.

Edit - I just called the Ford ESP customer service and was informed that the key fob is not covered even though I have the PremiumCare plan. It didn't make a difference that I didn't break the unlock button. A little disappointing.

If you believe the dealer broke it you can escalate the issue at the dealer. Each dealer should have a fund for such issues to keep customers happy. The dealer may be willing to replace your fob out of that fund. You will likely need to escalate the issue beyond the SA, though.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·