Sign in to follow this  
Trout74

New to me fusion hybrid

Bought a 2014 fusion se hybrid TODAY, then drove 320 miles today on a road trip. Blew me away! I have been driving a GMC Yukon XL for my daily driver for 108,000 miles. Today I averaged 41 mpg as I drove all over Iowa at 70-85 mph,for over 300 miles. This thing is incredible. I can't believe the gas mileage and think I'll only get better with time especially as I drive more city mileage. This car is amazin

Trout

:) I thought I was doing well in my Fiestas until I got Nytwing. Like you I got surprised with the FFH. I'm still learning and expect to do it for quite some time. Like acdii noted in another thread and I've noticed ... winds at the "wrong" angle (head on especially) will have an impact on mileage.

Have fun with it ... and you might want to take some time in the car with the manual. Fiddle with everything that you can. I did and it has made life a bit easier getting acclimated.

Bought a 2014 fusion se hybrid TODAY, then drove 320 miles today on a road trip. Blew me away! I have been driving a GMC Yukon XL for my daily driver for 108,000 miles. Today I averaged 41 mpg as I drove all over Iowa at 70-85 mph,for over 300 miles. This thing is incredible. I can't believe the gas mileage and think I'll only get better with time especially as I drive more city mileage. This car is amazin

Trout

Welcome and congrats, Trout!

I'm the current customer service rep on the forum, and I'll be around if you have any questions. :)

Meagan