Sign in to follow this  
wsmith3318

Rotors grooved

BTW, the Brake Inspection Section says this about Brake Disc's (Rotors):

If the diagnosis has revealed vibration in the steering wheel, seat or pedal while braking that varies with vehicle speed, machine the brake disc. Heavily scored brake discs, similar to that caused by pads worn down to the backing plate, should also be machined. In order to machine, discs must be above the minimum thickness specification.

If the car stops straight and true, without any of those NVH (noise, vibration & harshness) symptoms, and if the pedal is not spongy or low - things are normal.

With a 99% Lifetime Brake score we wouldn't notice if the pedal was spongy or if there was vibration when braking since we're only using the brake pads below 7 MPH or so...

I just had my state inspection done at the dealer and the technician recommended to have my rotors turned because of rust and pitting. By the time they told me this, the vehicle was off the rack so I didn't see for myself, but I'll check it out this weekend. I have 36k on it and a 97% brake score. I can understand a bit of rust, but pitting concerns me.

Are there may be bad sets of rotors on some of these 13's?

Thanks for the info! I'll take some pics tomorrow so we can compare.

Hey FernMTL,

What's the current odometer reading on your Fusion Hybrid? I'll check out all available options to assist on my end.

Mariel

Hey FernMTL,

What's the current odometer reading on your Fusion Hybrid? I'll check out all available options to assist on my end.

Mariel

Hi Mariel,

The cars as 29 500 km. Disc were turned at 8 or 9000 km and recheck around 19 000km. Thank you!!

Here's two picture of my dics:

photo%202.jpg

photo%201.jpg

I had my rear rotors replaced at 21,000 on a 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid. They were grooved to the touch, even though the pads were only half worn. I had them replaced by my mechanic. Also had to have my auxiliary battery replaced.