lightsun

Hard decision: 2015 taurus limit AWD or 2016 fusion Energi SE luxury, final prices are nearly same...

I like both cars. If only consider the appearance, I preferred taurus. However, fusion Energi has a better MPG and I feel the power is enough for me.

I also compared some shared deals in autopriceshare.com, it seems that 2015 Taurus have a bigger discount. For 2015 taurus limited AWD, it has nearly $7000 off MSRP. For 2016 fusion energi, it only has $2000 off MSRP.

People here at last own one of these two car. I am appreciated if you could share your opinions with me: which one is better in you opinion?
Edited by lightsun

I have the Fusion Hybrid, not the Taurus. I suggest that you're comparing apples and oranges, that the two cars are very different and you should ask yourself what is important to you. The Taurus is 11" longer and 3" wider than the Fusion. Do you want or need the larger car (I certainly don't, but I'm not you). Do you want or need AWD? Would you need to use tire chains or cables on the Fusion Hybrid (it's not approved for that)? If the AWD and larger size of the Taurus isn't compelling, why would you choose the 13 mpg City / 19 mpg Hwy of the Taurus Limited AWD over the 43 mpg City / 41 mpg Hwy of the Fusion Hybrid?

My initial thoughts on your post are very similar to mwr's. A Taurus and a FFE are very different cars. You can reasonably argue that they are radically different cars and hardly seem comparable.

It might be a good idea to carefully consider what you want in this next vehicle in the way of size, drive train technology, MPG, cargo carrying capacity and other characteristics that are important to you. Once you have done that, then it is likely one of these cars will stand out as a much better choice. If it turns out that a full size conventional sedan is the better car for you, then you might want to investigate a Chevy Impala. The Impala has excellent reviews from Consumer Reports (they rated it as one of the top 10 picks for 2015) and it is a far superior full size sedan than the Taurus.

Edited by Texasota

I would choose the Taurus only if it had an Ecoboost in it, AKA, SHO. In the long run the Taurus will cost you more money in the operating expenses. Tires and fuel will cost you more.

I agree that you really cant compare the 2 cars you listed. If the Fusion was the gas version, than yes you can.

The interior dimensions between the Taurus and Fusion are very similar.

http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/specifications/interior/

http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/specifications/interior/

My mom has an MKS, the Lincoln Taurus, and while nice car, I would much rather drive the Fusion(it now has more toys than her MKS).

Thanks all, friends. I got my new car yesterday. Thanks

Which one? :)