Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Aid+Alert Lane Keepinglane keeping
This is a [horrible quality] snapshot of the Ford Fusion Lane Keeping display. Please just read page 206 of your owner's manual (this is a hack)
Lots going on in this picture:
- The dashes on the left and right let you know the camera on the front of your rear-view mirror is watching the road ahead and has found (if not white) lane markings to guide you (if you don't see the lines, press the tip of your left turn signal stalk - no it's not broken - we all think LKS is broken until someone tells us about the stalk tip!).
- The white bars on top correspond to how many seconds you want to be behind the vehicle in front of you (one bar is one second -- close!, two bars is the "two second rule" distance I was taught..)
- ALERT: [dashed lines parallel to vehicle] If your car wanders over the lane markers you will get a feedback vibration in your steering wheel (amplitude can be set in settings).
- AID: [Two outboard triangles pointing at the side of the car icon] If your vehicle keeps going over the lane marker (or you are at a high speed -- especially easy to do when you are taking that 45mph exit at 60mph on the freeway) the vehicle will "push" you back into your lane (again the amplitude is configurable).
- Frank F likes this
Image META information
|Original File Size||10404|
|Sections Found||ANY_TAG, IFD0, EXIF|
|HTML Sizes||width="153" height="290"|
|Byte Order Motorola||TRUE|
|Camera Model||iPhone 6s Plus|
|Orientation||The 0th row is at the visual top of the image, and the 0th column is the visual left-hand side|
|Date Taken||2017:01:31 17:53:01|
|Exposure Program||Normal program|
|ISO Speed Ratings||400|
|Date Digitized||2017:01:31 17:53:01|
|Exposure Bias Value||0/1|
|Flash Pix Version||Flashpix Format Version 1.0|
|Sensing Method||One-chip color area sensor|
|Exposure Mode||Auto exposure|
|White Balance||Auto white balance|
|Scene Capture Type||Standard|